HEAD MENS SOCCER COACH
HEAD MENS SOCCER COACH
Posting Number: SRGV4702
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
Manage day to day operations for the Men's Soccer program. Responsible for planning, supervision and coordination of all aspects of the Men's Soccer program.
Description of Duties:
• Administers and manages the Men’s University Soccer program.
• Provides instruction and direction to the Men’s Soccer program.
• Oversees budget for program.
• Schedules Tournaments.
• Arranges all travel aspects for team.
• Recruits student athletes.
• Coordinates or completes submission of all applications for official travel.
• Supervises team while competing on the road.
• Coordinates submission of scholarship processing forms.
• Other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
As condition of employment this position requires the applicant to be authorized to operate a University-Owned Vehicle for Official University Business. Per University of Texas System Policy 157, applicants will be subject to a motor vehicle record check for their most recent thirty-six (36) month history. Out of State Drivers are required to submit a 36-month history MVR from their prior State of residence(s).
• Three (3) years of coaching experience in the collegiate, professional or private sector, or
• Three (3) years of experience as a collegiate or professional player.
Playing experience preferred (NCAA or Professional)
Use of standard office machines including personal computer, fax, MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Some work is preformed in a normal office setting. Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours. During course of day, can interact with students, faculty, and staff by computer, phone, or in person. Must be able to spend extended periods of time for practices and matches and be able to travel as job demands.
• Understand and adhere to all policies and procedures of the University, Conference and the NCAA. Assume complete responsibility to ensure that the student-athletes conduct themselves in an appropriate manner in accordance with NCAA policies.
• Understand that violation(s) of NCAA rules could result in sanctions being placed against the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and the University.
• Attend regularly scheduled compliance meetings to maintain knowledge of current and recently established policies.
• Have familiarity and knowledge of NCAA Division I rules required as part of job duties.
• Ability to exhibit integrity with high ethical standards and strict adherence to NCAA, conference, university and departmental rules and regulations as well as solid commitment to academic integrity, student-athlete welfare, ethnic diversity and gender equity.
• Ability to communicate effectively with current coaching staff and prospective student-athletes.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 10/20/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26079