Classification: Support Staff - Full Time - 12 Months- 2080 hours per year
Reports to:Custodial Supervisor
Description: This position performs housekeeping duties in accordance with established standards and instructions.
- Demonstrate proper and effective cleaning methods in accordance
with the quality control checklist
- Clean, sweep, vacuum, mop, scrub and wax floors, stairs and
- Clean and service lavatories and shower room
- Use light and heavy duty cleaning equipment and
- Report items and equipment that needs repair (doors, furniture,
lights, and faucets, etc.)
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and
regulations, opens and closes, locks and unlocks facilities as
- Perform other duties as assigned
Educational and/or Experience
- High school graduate (diploma/GED) required
- Knowledge of proper use and disposal of hazardous chemicals and
- Knowledge of bodily fluid cleanup and proper
- Knowledge of all floor types, such as wood, vinyl and ceramic
tile as well as carpet fibers, weaves and backings
- Three years of experience in a related field preferred
Human Relations Skills
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize work in a consistently
- Establish and maintain working relationships with employees,
staff, and faculty and campus visitors.
- Follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as
- Considerable physical activity is required. Requires heavy
physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of
objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is primary part (more than
70%) of job.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical
risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as
extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors,
and/or loud noises.
- Work in all types of weather and temperatures both indoors
(temperature variation in campus buildings) and outdoors
(precipitation and various temperatures).
- Frequent and repetitive bending, twisting, reaching, pushing,
and pulling are required.
- Use proper lifting (up to 15 pounds) and safety techniques
while climbing ladders.
- Shift changes and/or weekend work may be required by your
supervisor based on departmental and University needs
- Valid motor vehicle license and be insurable under the
University's insurance plan preferred
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the
Job Number: #2021-036
Please reference job #2021-036 and submit cover letter and resume to: CUcareers@carrollu.edu
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran's status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE