2021 Wenzhou-Kean University Computer Science Assistant/Associate Professor Positions
Wenzhou-Kean University Computer Science Assistant/Associate Professor Positions
Wenzhou-Kean University (WKU), located in Wenzhou, China, one of three Sino-American universities along with NYU Shanghai and Duke Kunshan University, is approved by the Ministry of Education of China. Launched in 2012, WKU offers a unique model of higher education in partnership with Kean University, a comprehensive, public university in the state of New Jersey that is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. WKU sits on approximately 500 beautiful acres and currently enrolls 2,900 undergraduate students, and it is now in the midst of a rapid growth that will bring enrollment to7,000 students within the next five years. All instruction is in English and all curriculum is provided by Kean University. In addition to its current 18 undergraduate programs, WKU has been approved by the Ministry of Education for offering 8 Master’s and 3 doctorate programs. Wenzhou is one of the most vibrant and economically advanced developed cities on China’s East Coast, located one hour by plane and just over three hours by high-speed train from Shanghai.
About the Job: College of Science, Mathematics and Technology is seeking tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professors in Computer Science. All faculty positions are 10-month full-time assignments. Tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professors are required to teach 24 credits per academic year; service to the university and/or professional community; and conduct research. All instruction is in English and all curriculum is provided by Kean University in USA. English fluency is required.
Tenure-track candidates should demonstrate scholarly capability and an active research agenda in core areas of computer science, information system, and information technology. The University will provide start-up grants to support the candidates to start their research programs. Teaching release time is available through application to support external research grant development and other significant research endeavors.
Qualifications: A doctorate degree is required in the relevant field(s) for tenure-track positions, including Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related field; ABD will be considered for the Assistant Professor positions with completion date prior to the effective date of employment. Candidates for the Associate Professor position must be active in their research and professional communities, with preferences be given to those who serve as editors in reputable journals or as PC members of premier conferences. Tenure track candidates are expected to plan and conduct research and develop extramurally funded research programs involving students, which is essential for the tenure and promotion. Tenure track candidates are also expected to publish peer-reviewed journal articles in impactful journals in fields closely related to computer science. English fluency and ability to teach introductory and intermediate Computer Science courses such as Introduction to Programming in Java/C/C++, Data Structures and Algorithms and Operating Systems are required for all positions. Candidate will also have opportunity of teaching graduate level courses in their fields of interest. Industrial experiences are welcome. In addition to teaching duties, candidates are also expected to contribute to the growth of the programs, including but not limited to curriculum development, program assessment, student recruitment/advisement, senior project supervision, internship opportunities, research experiences for undergraduates (REU), etc.
Teaching assignments and related responsibilities may include day, evening and online courses. Interest or experience in using advanced instructional technologies to improve the teaching/learning process is highly desirable. All faculty may be required to teach General Education courses as needed. Opportunities are also available to teach disciplinary support courses.
All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to teaching and best practices in international education.
Application Information: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, statement of research goals, unofficial transcripts, three most recent publications (for associate professor position) and contact information of three professional references by email to Search Committee Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts for all degrees and three current letters of recommendation are required before appointment.
Faculty positions at WKU offer:
Wenzhou-Kean University offers a competitive salary and benefits plan, which includes healthcare coverage and a partnership with the best medical hospital in Wenzhou. In addition, faculty members are provided with housing options, round trip airfare(s) and a reimbursement to cover relocation expenses.
- Annual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience with the range from $70,000-$85,000 for Assistant Professors; $80,000-$100,000 for Associate Professors. Salary of extraordinary candidates shall be determined on a case by case basis.
- A well-rounded healthcare coverage, academic travel up to $2,000, housing options and subsidy up to $3,000, home traveling up to $6,000 (2 international round-trip airfares), a reimbursement to cover relocation expenses up to $1,000, shuttle bus to campus for work, and up to 8% front-load retirement benefits with in accordance with completion of years of service with the University.
- WKU tuition waiver up to 80% for spouse/dependent children of faculty.
- A collegial environment.
- The opportunity to teach high quality students with more than a third of graduates being
- Admitted to the graduate schools at the World’s Top 50 Universities, and about 70% of graduates at the World’s Top 100 Universities.
- Extraordinarily strong candidates at Professor level may be considered for a special research track position with high research output expectations, low teaching load, generous research start-up funding, a 10-month salary of RMB 0.8-1.0 million (about USD $115-150K), and RMB 1 million in housing subsidy.
Background Screening: Wenzhou-Kean University conducts background screenings on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third-party administrator to conduct background Screenings.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China