Professor (Tenure track)
Position Title: Professor (Tenure track)
Department of Criminal Justice
Search #20-22F | Analytics & Statistic Specialty
The Department of Criminal Justice at the University of New Haven invites applications for a full-time tenure track open rank faculty position beginning August 2021.
- A doctorate in Criminology, Criminal Justice, or other closely related social science field.
- Demonstrated commitment to research, as evidenced by published manuscripts and a well-defined research agenda.
- Ability to collaborate with faculty members and students on research projects.
- A commitment to experiential education, along with inter- and intra-departmental collegiality.
Areas of Specialization and Preferred Qualifications:
Requires specialization in statistics and data analytics. Preferred qualifications include:
- Demonstrated experience in applying advanced quantitative methods and data analysis tools to real-world data.
- Desire to teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in statistics and research methods.
- Experience working with criminal justice agencies.
Successful candidates will be expected to be dynamic instructors teaching undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral courses in the areas of specialization listed above. In addition, successful candidates will be expected to maintain an active research agenda that results in scholarly publications and to collaborate with other faculty members and students on research projects.
Successful candidates will also be expected to assist with developing and teaching a diverse and inclusive curriculum, including contributing to university-wide initiatives such as the Uncommon Course.
Diversity and Inclusion: The University of New Haven is committed to diversity and inclusion in higher education. The University seeks candidates whose teaching, research, and/or service has prepared them to contribute to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our academic community. Applicants are asked to submit a statement explaining how their teaching, scholarship, and/or service contribute to building and supporting diverse and inclusive communities.
Application Process: All information on candidates will be kept confidential. Review of applications will start immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates
should submit as a SINGLE PDF file: (1) a cover letter, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) a concise statement of teaching philosophy, (4) evidence of teaching experience including sample course syllabi and student feedback if available, (5) a brief statement of research activity and plans including evidence of scholarship (e.g., selected reprints), and (6) a statement that addresses past and/or potential contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as the ability to work with a diverse and international student body.
All materials should be submitted online at:
Search #20-22F - Analytics & Statistic Specialty: http://apply.interfolio.com/79929
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in West Haven
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in West Haven
- Criminal Justice & Criminology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in West Haven
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in West Haven