Director of Career Education
Serve as a member of the Career Center leadership team and oversees the cultivation of a team and campus community that aims to help prepare undergraduate students for their future careers. Deliver multi-modal career education initiatives in each college, across industries, and through educational programs and a Career Champions network on campus. Develop and scale strategic opportunities and programs to empower undergraduate students to enhance their career and professional development, identify career paths, and secure internships and/or co-ops, with the goal of finding career success upon graduation. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Career Center Leadership and Staff, Students, Faculty, Alumni, and employer representatives. This position will typically advise and counsel: Career Center Leadership and Staff, Students, Faculty, and employer representatives. This position will supervise assigned staff and student assistants.Responsibilities
- Oversee efforts to create career content, scale and integrate
career development into the fabric of the campus, and create and
activate a robust career ecosystem serving students from all
colleges and majors. Managing multiple priorities and
- Leverage data to inform and assess career education activities, resulting in increased engagement and impact with underserved academic units and student populations.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Communications leaders to implement relevant technology, programs, and administration of internships and co-op experiences.
- Lead and mentor the Career Education team and other staff engaged with career advising and development efforts; hire, train, and equip new staff as needed.
- Support and guide the creation, development, and implementation of various student programs and resources including: Student Peer Advising Program, mock interviews, resume development, career courses, seminars, and workshops and other career-related programs and services
- Lead the development of content and coordinating the center's participation in campus orientation, admission, and student success programs, including FASET orientation (first-year and transfer), undergraduate admission/visitation programs, residence life, international programs, and others
- Serve as the primary liaison and chief strategist in building and managing relationships with each individual college at Georgia Tech; regularly meet and consult with the academic Deans and Associate Deans to build successful liaison partnerships. Expand engagement with key departments on campus, such as academic advising, pre-professional advising, athletics, student life, and other constituents.
- Create and lead a Georgia Tech Career Champions Network, a broad-based network of faculty and staff champions who will expand the campus community's ability to meet every students' career development needs in each major and college.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Master's Degree in Higher Education, Business, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Five to seven years of job related experience
Experience in college or university career services. Experience managing a team of five or more professional staff members
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Doctorate Degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs or related field
Eight to ten years of job related experience
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.Department Information
The Georgia Tech Career Center is a part of the Georgia Tech Office of Undergraduate Education. The Career Center helps students prepare for their future through career exploration, internships, career advising, career fairs, career education, and more.
The Career Center includes the cooperative education (Co-op) and internship programs in which students can participate while attending Georgia Tech, and Career Education team provides with resources the students need to support their searches for full-time employment after graduation, such as help with the exploration, selection, and pursuit of meaningful careers; career counseling; resume writing interview tips, and more.Other Information
Please include a cover letter with your application.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Student Affairs Executive $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Career Services Executive $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Executive Executive $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Other Executive Executive $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta