The Bobby R. Alford Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery is in search of an Audiologist who can provide our patients with support, guidance, testing and device fitting. We operate a highly patient-focused clinic where all staff members devote every second of the work day to making our patients' lives better.
- Administers and interprets the full range of audiological tests.
- Provides audiologic treatment including hearing aid and cochlear implant candidacy determination; fitting, verifying and validating amplification systems; patient and family counseling, and communication with other care-providers.
- Prepares comprehensive reports on diagnostic finds, and progress achieved. Maintains records documenting patient follow-up, patient care programs and data collection for clinically related services.
- Provides basic patient/family education to include explanation of test results, effects of hearing loss, and instruction in the use of hearing aids, assistive devices, and/or other prosthetic devices.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment.
- Maintains professional certification by meeting all continuing education requirements.
- May provide additional assistance in research projects and occasional didactic training to Otolaryngology residents.
- Doctoral degree in Audiology.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) from the American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) and Texas State Licensure as an Audiologist from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR).
- At least one year of experience in patient facing or related role.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, and clinical staff as well as outside referral sources.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with Cochlear Implants.
We invite you to learn more about our benefits (bcm.edu/careers/benefits) including medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement programs, incentive-based wellness program, and more.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.