Postdoctoral Associates are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional. The selected Postdoctroal Associate will conduct lab studies on the host immune response to parasitic infections by utilizing animal models of disease and in vitro analysis (cell culture). We have several concurrent projects that are happening, including evaluating host immune cell activation to parasite-released factors (specifically Ascaris), evaluation of host innate immune pathways in the lungs to Ascaris larval migration, and analysis of vascular integrity in chronic lung disease due to Ascaris. Independent projects for the Postdoctoral Associate will be developed to help lead the lab down new avenues of research and support the Postdoctoral Associate in establishing new research skills.
- Plan, direct and conduct specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluate and analyzes data.
- Establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarize research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May supervise research staff.
- Provide training and support in research protocols for other research staff.
- MD or Ph.D in Basic Science, Immunology or related field
- Requires skills with animal husbandry, immunologic assays including flow cytometry, ELISA, Elispot, and cell culture
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston