Research Nurse III
Full-time research nurse interested in establishing or continuing a career in clinical research. Our clinical trials focus on treatments and or vaccines for combatting infectious diseases. Our current focus is on COVID-19 trials. Must be flexible to work some weekend hours during the COVID pandemic.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality and safe patient care and customer service.
- Adheres to the scope of practices as defined by the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Recruits, screens, enrolls and evaluates patients, including physical exams for COVID-19 study.
- Schedules study visits and meetings related to COVID-19 studies.
- Collects study specimens and check subjects vital signs.
- Administers COVID vaccines for study.
- Follows subjects' progress and advises the PI, Dr. El-Sahly.
- Maintains patient charts and medical records.
- Ensures the COVID-19 clinical studies are conducted in accordance with guidelines of the FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Educates patients in significant aspects of the COVID-19 study.
- Serves as a liaison and distributes COVID-19 research information to Dr. El-Sahly, Annette Nagel and others as required.
- May assist in developing the COVID-19 clinical trial agreement.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment. Stocks and orders supplies.
- Provides training and guidance to research nurses and other research personnel and serves as a resource to staff.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Four years of relevant experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) with a minimum of one year in research nursing. Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Five years of relevant experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
- Flexible to work some weekend hours during the COVID pandemic
- Ability to determine valuable medical data from use of epic
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.