Alumni Engagement - Event & Communication Specialist
McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for an Alumni Engagement Event & Communication Specialist. Salary for this full-time, 12-month position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College website for more information.
High-impact events and compelling communication are an important part of McDaniel College’s alumni engagement efforts, keeping our alumni informed and enthusiastic about their relationship with the college. With a particular focus on events and communication that advance alumni involvement in the McDaniel Commitment, the Alumni Event and Communication Specialist serves an important role in the implementation of meaningful and purposeful alumni engagement. Reporting directly to the Enrollment Division Event Coordinator, the Alumni Event and Communication Specialist will support the planning and execution of the college’s signature events for alumni, including Homecoming and the Alumni Association Awards Banquet. Additionally, the Alumni Event and Communication Specialist will oversee the planning and execution of non-signature events, both in-person and virtual. Central to the role is the oversight of timely and interesting communications to alumni, both event and non-event related, to support engagement goals of the division.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Enrollment Division Event Coordinator in planning and executing signature alumni events including the Alumni Association Awards Banquet, Homecoming and Reunion activities.
- Support the maintenance of the master event calendar for the division.
- Oversee event logistics, communications, and budget for all non-signature alumni events, both virtual and in-person.
- Creating multi-channel communication plans. Ensuring communication plans are appropriately shared and implemented.
- Drafting high-quality event-related copy, including but not limited to invitations/brochures, postcards, webpages, and emails.
- Developing and writing brochures, newsletters, emails, and other creative alumni outreach with the purpose of increasing alumni connection.
- Scheduling, moderating, and coordinating virtual events using Zoom, YouTube premier and other tools. When applicable, recording virtual events and overseeing captioning and posting to the college’s YouTube channel. Serving as the technological expert during virtual events to allow other staff to serve as event hosts.
- Working in partnership with Advancement Services to generate appropriate event invitation lists. Ensure institutional databases are updated with event attendees, important event notes and other
For a complete job description including qualifications and to
apply, please go to the college’s employment website.
Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing
position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the
names and contact information of three professional references.
Review of applications begins
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status. For more information on the college’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, please visit the college’s Campus Diversity & Inclusion web page.