Alumni Engagement Specialist
McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for an Alumni Engagement Specialist. Salary for this full-time, 12-month position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College website for more information.
The Alumni Engagement Specialist works to recruit a wide range of local, regional, national, and international alumni to foster their life-long relationship with their alma mater that lends to our culture affectionately known as Green Terror for Life. With a focus on our alumni who have graduated more than ten years ago, this position is responsible for the development of high-impact events targeted at increasing alumni engagement with the college specifically through volunteer participation and mentorship of current students. Reporting to the AVP of Alumni & Admissions, the Alumni Engagement Specialist will focus on executing alumni in-person and virtual programming throughout the year. This position assists in the development, distribution, and analysis of alumni surveys and coordination of roundtable discussions with key constituencies. The Specialist collaborates with campus partners to provide alumni volunteers for the mentorship aspect of the McDaniel Commitment. Additionally, this position is responsible for maintaining up to date information on the Alumni website.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with assigned alumni groups to increase engagement with the college; including weekly calling outreach to connect alumni with their alma mater, promoting pride and updating them on life on the Hill.
- Developing high-impact events that connect alumni back to McDaniel with an emphasis on showcasing ways to volunteer.
- Developing strategies to increase alumni volunteer opportunities with the Center for Experience and Opportunity (CEO) and campus partners. Collaborating with the CEO to provide strategies to engage alumni in the McDaniel Commitment, developing opportunities for networking, mentorships, speaking, and hosting.
- Identifying and recommending alumni for institutional promotion and marketing.
- With close attention-to-detail, updates and maintains the Alumni website as needed to reflect changes in programs, RSVPs, program initiatives, events, and other information to keep the site current and engaging.
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of alumni involvement in all Alumni Office programs and events, including Homecoming, Alumni Networking Events in cooperation with CEO, regional initiatives, etc.
- Recognizing volunteers creatively, constantly promoting the Green Terror for Life culture.
For a complete job description including qualifications and to
apply, please go to the college’s employment website.
Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing
position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the
names and contact information of three professional references.
Review of applications begins immediately.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status. For more information on the college’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, please visit the college’s Campus Diversity & Inclusion web page.