Safety Officer 1
Coordinates and assists with departmental operations including occupational safety, environmental compliance and risk management. The main goal of this position is to always ensure a safe working environment and prevent any injuries and accidents. Performs additional functions incidental to health and safety activities. Oversee the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems. Interprets and advises internal and external customers on programs, policies or rules. Assists leadership in program/event planning; administers budgets; and coordinates academic and/or staff personnel matters. May have contact with sensitive, complex and confidential information.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Reports on safety and health awareness, issues and statistics.
- Serves as a source of information on health and safety rules and regulations.
- Works with departments to ensure proper training of faculty and staff on health matters and accident prevention.
- Maintains training schedules and updates training records.
- Contributes to administration of EHS programs.
- Conduct research for the purpose of identifying, abating, or eliminating sources of pollutants or environmental hazards.
- Creates and updates policies, procedures and guidelines to reduce safety hazards and mitigate risks.
- Assists the director in the renewal process for insurance policies throughout the calendar year by preparing required documentation and surveys.
- Coordinates the proper approval of expenses and authorization of payments for invoices.
- Assists in coordinating claims by investigating and administering university property, automobile and general liability.
- Maintains departmental budget including Pcard reconciliation.
- Coordinates schedules and tasks for student workers and interns.
- Creates, maintains and updates departmental information for reports, databases, spreadsheets, departmental website and social media.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages requisitions and purchase orders.
Requires a university degree or years of equivalent work experience in chosen field that provides knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts. Requires the application of expertise in a chosen field to achieve results.
Experience in a higher education environment. Excellent communication and customer service skills. Experience in environmental health, safety and risk management fundamentals, principles, and concepts.
Trust and credibility; Team player; Creative and conceptually strong; Self-starter. Ability to exercise independent judgement in non-critical situations. Excellent public and human relations, communications (both oral and written) and organizational skills. Familiarity with computer software programs. Ability to work independently, handles multiple tasks simultaneously, and interacts professionally with all segments of the university community. Ability to effectively work during extremely busy and stressful periods. Ability to maintain confidential information and work effectively as part of a team. Must be detail-oriented.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Safety & Security Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond