The Career Services team at Dixie State University invites applications for a Career Coach position in their office. This position coaches students on career options by assisting them in identifying strengths, interests, skills, major and employment resources. Recommends other services offered by Career Services, including internships, coordination, resume writing, department presentations, etc. Coordinate with other departments on campus for career opportunities. Information about Career Services, its great team, and exciting programs can be found online at https://career.dixie.edu/ .
- Work with undeclared students to assist them on identifying strengths, interests, skills and experiences that work towards declaring a major.
- Provide individual and group counseling on career preparation and job search techniques, including resume writing, interviewing skills and networking.
- Develop career resources to better serve stakeholders.
- Administer assessments and identify available resources to assist students with career exploration.
- Build and maintain employer relationships within assigned major and their respective industries.
- Coordinate activities between Career Services and University academic departments, deans, chairs and faculty.
- Participate in various committees on campus that further the goals of Career Services and/or Student Success.
- Assist with tracking and data collection to monitor program effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Business, Psychology, or related field required.
- At least one year career counseling experience required; experience working in higher education or with post-secondary students preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and practices in student guidance and counseling.
- Familiarity with university admissions guidelines, standards, procedures, and higher education admissions advising in general.
- Familiarity with various financial aid programs, including application deadlines and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with students, employees and the public.
- Ability to practice active listening skills and have a high level of awareness of the needs of others.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $40,000, with a desired start date of December 1, 2020 or January 1, 2021. Excellent benefits package included (see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details).
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins November 5, 2020 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Career Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George