Assistant/Associate Professor - Department of Endodontics
Assistant or Associate Professor
DEPARTMENT OF ENDODONTICS
School of Dentistry, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center
The West Virginia University School of Dentistry is seeking applications for a full-time, 12- month clinical or tenure track faculty position at the rank of assistant or associate professor.
The Department of Endodontics currently includes pre-doctoral and postdoctoral students. The successful candidate will be the Pre-Doctoral Director and will report to the Chair of the Department of Endodontics. The Pre-Doctoral Director will manage and mentor students to assure the attainment of clinical competency, teach students the fundamentals of endodontics, and assure the provision of high-quality endodontic services to patients.
West Virginia University School of Dentistry is located in the historic community of Morgantown, West Virginia. Located only 80 miles south of Pittsburgh, Morgantown is easily accessible to major metropolitan areas in the East and Midwest. The School of Dentistry is one of 14 colleges in a major, land-grant research University and is part of a comprehensive Health Sciences center which includes Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Allied Health, the Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center and West Virginia University Hospitals.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
• DDS/DMD and/or post-doctoral specialty training from an institution accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation or equivalent
• Eligibility to obtain an unrestricted West Virginia dental license. (Information regarding dental licensure can be obtained at http://www.wvdentalboard.org/ ).
• Advanced training in endodontics is required and candidate must be board eligible or board certified.
• An enthusiasm for endodontics; excellent clinical, communication and interpersonal skills; and the ability to embrace new technology.
• Previous teaching experience is preferred.
• Demonstrate effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and leadership skills.
The candidate is expected to participate in intramural dental faculty practice. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment. Faculty rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications.
Share your sense of purpose with us! To learn more visit: https://dentistry.hsc.wvu.edu/
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To formally apply, visit https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=15666 and submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and contact information for at least three references.
WVU is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The university values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.