Standardized Patient Educator - Anaclerio Learning and Assessment Center
Standardized Patient Educator
The Anaclerio Learning and Assessment Center (ALAC) utilizes standardized patients to provide an educational environment conducive to the teaching and evaluation of clinical skills. Reporting to the Director of the Center, the Standardized Patient Educator will recruit and train standardized patients, physical exam teaching instructors and patients with fixed findings for the educational programs of the College of Medicine and other health science center colleges. This position will also assist in planning, organization and implementation of instructional and evaluation activities in the Harrell Center.
- Train standardized patient (SP) and physical exam teaching instructors for purposes of assessment and teaching. Direct SP training sessions using standardized coaching techniques used to prepare the standardized patient for role expectations for each performance according to the program objectives. Provide techniques to ensure the standardized patient has the ability to give appropriate written and verbal feedback to the learners. Conduct formal and informal debriefings with SPs following performances providing constructive feedback on performance and feedback skills. Ensure training for evaluation purposes will reach the preset reliability standards.
- Assist in planning, organization and implementation of assigned instructional activities and examinations. Assists the operations director with all administrative tasks in preparation for scheduled SP programs following all policies and procedures. This includes proactively recruiting, scheduling, confirming and facilitating SP programs on an ongoing basis. Create new program set-up documents detailing the general outline of the program as needed. Manage resources required for programs including supplies, room allocation, scheduling, set-up and tear down of training areas.
- Recruit and evaluate new SP and physical exam teaching instructors and patients with fixed physical findings. Conduct phone interviews. Coordinate new SP auditions throughout the year and conduct evaluations and scoring for acceptance into the program. Responsible for ensuring the completion and accuracy of all required employment forms.
- Collaborates with faculty in case development and scenario design and in the teaching and evaluation exercises as required to meet course objectives. Assist faculty in designing scripts and checklists for teaching and assessment. Participates in quality assurance activities including psychometric evaluation of teaching and assessment methods. Participates in all research activities that involve SPs.
- Develop and maintain documents and/or processes to track, schedule and record SP activities. Tracks SP hours worked and ensures proper documentation. Assist in orientation of students, residents and others to the activity and center. Works with operations director to maintain and update SP manual, policies and procedures.
- May participate with the University at professional gatherings, deliver lectures, and participate in meetings and panel discussions at professional meetings. Maintains professional contacts with other medical schools and professional organizations throughout the country to locate and exchange information
$38,900-$45,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience.
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in a health related discipline
- 2 to 5 years prior experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex educational programs
- Ability to work with a diverse groups, including faculty, staff, standardized patients, and health science center professional students
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of three (3) professional references.
This is time-limited.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge