Licensed Clinical Psychologist
1) Responsible for providing counseling and psychotherapy to children and adolescent patients on an individual or group level regarding a wide range of personal concerns related to their goals, needs, values, attitudes, conflicts, personal and interpersonal styles, educational choice, academic functions, social relationships, developmental or emotional crises. Provides mental health assessments of patients, treatment planning, cognitive behavioral therapy, family therapy, and motivational interviewing and monitors patient’s progress and effectiveness of treatment.
Applies principles, methods, and procedures for understanding, predicting, and alleviating intellectual, academic, emotional, psychological, and/or behavioral disability and discomfort and to facilitate effective functioning, and development process, intended to help children and adolescents acquire or alter personal-social skills, improve adaptability to changing life demands, enhance environmental-coping skills, and/or develop a variety of problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
Provides assessment of any anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSD) and eating disorders. Advocates for patient’s unmet needs. Provides clinical intervention (counseling, support) as needed.
2) Evaluates patients and provides behavioral health services for patients and families at the UF Health Pediatric Weight Management Center within the established guidelines set forth by the University of Florida Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc. Assesses patient and family’s readiness for lifestyle changes and addresses any potential challenges using motivational interviewing techniques.
Provides general orientation to the UF Health Pediatric Weight Management program, review of expected appointments schedule and allow patients and family the opportunity to ask questions regarding the program to improve compliance with positive life style changes.
Maintains patient records and case documentation utilizing EPIC EMR and adheres to productivity and encounter completion expectations.
May participate in the educational programs of the university by offering seminars, courses, and/or supervising the clinical, academic and research experiences of students and residents.
3) Assists the Bariatric Division chief in patient recruitment in studies, carrying out the research protocols in the Division, and conducting research activities related to Obesity Medicine, counseling, psychopathology, psychotherapy, mental health characteristics and quality of life as it relates to academic/social/emotional functioning of the patient to promote healthy lifestyle.
$75,000 to $85,000 depending on education and experience.
Minimum Requirements: A doctorate in psychology from an accredited college or university, which includes one year of supervised internship experience in professional psychology; and licensure as a psychologist by the State of Florida in accordance with Chapter 490, F.S. Preferred Qualifications:
A doctorate in Psychology is required with experience in using Motivational Interviewing is preferred but could be obtained during the employment, and previous experience serving in a medical consultation and liaison role.
Must have the ability to use a combination of immediate, short-term, and long-term individual and family therapy to increase motivation to change diet and physical activity level. The psychologist will assist the patient and family in coping with emotional stresses associated with being overweight and boost confidence especially to make healthier life style changes and within the school system.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a time-limited position. Time limited positions are based on circumstances, such as funding sources, which control the length of time for which the position is available.
Background Check is Required.
To be considered you must upload your Cover Letter, Resume/CV, and 3 References.
University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville: Visit this link to watch the video.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
Health Assessment Required: Yes.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Pediatrics Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge