A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. The Admissions Recruiter Admissions will be responsible to attend and participate in formal on/off campus recruitment events. He/She must be able to identify recruitment sources of multicultural students (high schools and community based organizations) and cultivate relationships with those sources.
The Admissions Recruiter will contribute to the overall recruitment efforts for the Office of Admissions. Responsibilities include planning and implementing activities for attracting and matriculating new students and representing Florida Memorial University at events both on and off campus including virtual activities. This position will also be responsible for maintaining follow-up contact with prospective students and their families.
- Maintain knowledge in programs offered, understand admissions procedures and policies, utilize professional communication to enroll and maintain future students.
- Explain admission requirements and enrollment procedures to interested students and parents providing feedback, provide campus tours, maintain follow-up contacts, and provide campus resources as needed.
- Coordinates, participates, or travels to in in person and virtual promotional activities, including high school presentations, campus tours, college fairs, or special events to present programs to prospective students.
- Collaboratively consult with campus leadership to plan and implement recruitment strategies.
- Build, maintain and establish relationships throughout assigned territories.
- Monitors application progress and audits student records to ensure accuracy of completion of application materials.
- Reviews progress, evaluates results, implements new processes, and promotes best practices.
- This position requires the ability to manage multiple deadlines, projects, and priorities with attention to detail and exceptional accuracy; show excellent judgment, including sensitivity to personal and confidential information; demonstrate the ability to problem solve; prioritize and hold solid critical and analytical skills; exhibit flexibility and the ability to adapt to ongoing change.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate and present both in a traditional and virtual setting.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of traditional, nontraditional, transfer, graduate and non-degree seeking student recruitment is required.
- Background in working with transfer student populations is highly desired.
- Analytical, data-informed, and outcomes-oriented.
- Ensure that consistent branding and messaging is clearly articulated externally to achieve strategic goals.
- The ability to engage current students, faculty, alumni, and parents in the recruitment and enrollment of all new students.
- Practical with the ability to artfully approach all elements of the recruitment funnel.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required to interact effectively with all University constituents including Board of Trustees, donors, alumni, faculty, staff, students, and administrative colleagues.
- Demonstrated history of supporting staff and student development and advocacy.
- Personal strengths that include approachability, accessibility, energy, motivation, resourcefulness, and good humor.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. A master’s degree and higher education experience is preferred.
- Experience in higher education, and one year of professional full-time experience in student recruitment, admissions, or related field.
- Experience utilizing CRM systems such as Slate.
- Experience in the areas of strategic enrollment planning, admission, and recruitment is preferred, as is knowledge of broader higher education trends, and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens