Laboratory /Research Assistant
Job Code/Title 82751 - H - Labs/Research Assistant 1 Position Number HU1142 Working Title Laboratory /Research Assistant Department Internal Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $14.00 - $17.00 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week Upto 29 hrs Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Description of the Job
• The job requires coordination of the different components of the research team, including scheduling appointments, preparing and maintaining an updated research calendar.
• Assist research coordinators in maintaining patient records for research studies.
• Coordinating with research coordinators on inputting patient data, research visits, and pertinent patient information needed for each research study.
• Assisting research coordinator in creating binders for patient visits, maintaining and organizing research correspondence.
• Assisting with research study visits and interacting with patients in person or over the phone on a regular basis.
Ability to perform job functions responsibly.
Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a diverse environment.
Ability to work independently.
Bachelor degree or higher, preferably in health or biology related disciplines.
Experience with clinical trials.
Job Open Date 10/20/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101239 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your work experience, education, and training
that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application