ATSU - Accounting Assistant
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences is seeking applications for an Accounting Assistant on the Kirksville, Missouri, campus. The position reports to the General Accountant II. Under general direction, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for processing cash receipts and other related bank transactions, preparing various month-end journal entries, setting up new vendors, and various month-end tasks. The Accounting Assistant serves as the primary Finance department liaison which includes managing the collection, processing, and dissemination as necessary of general office phone calls, emails, files, and mail.
Major Job Duties
- Prepares the daily deposit and records daily cash transactions, excluding accounts payable transactions. This includes recording wire transfers and PayPal transactions.
- Records the daily credit card deposits, excluding student payments.
- Records the daily gift income deposits.
- Prepares a "daily cash report" showing bank activity for the operating and credit card accounts and ensures that all transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
- Creates and emails AHA invoices.
- Maintains the files for repetitive journal entries and processes monthly.
- Creates new vendors for employees, clinic refunds, and student reimbursements.
- Handles general emails sent to the finance email address.
- Handles month-end and year-end closing processes and reconciles various general ledger accounts including the subsidiary for the designated and restricted gift funds (12, 19, and 22).
- Records various month-end journal entries.
- Enters journal entries and scans when completed.
- Distributes accounts payable checks and verifies addresses for accuracy.
- Works with clinics at month-end to verify accuracy of clinic deposits.
- Maintains finance office supplies including replenishing when necessary.
- Maintains petty cash drawer, cashes checks for students/employees, distributes gift cards, and other related cash duties.
- Other accounting functions as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting (job experience may substitute for degree).
- Banking experience and/or general business office operations.
- General accounting experience including journal entry postings and reconciliations.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures, general ledger functions, month-end/year-end close process, and general office experiences.
- Ability to interpret basic financial and accounting entries and transactions.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Knowledge of banking and bank deposit preparation.
- Accounting skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Time management skills.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output while meeting work deadlines.
- Pleasant, helpful, and professional.
- Work well under deadlines and adapt to a fast-pace office environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and be flexible to accept duties as assigned.
- Self-motivated with collaborative style.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville