Requested Start Date:
December 1, 2020
Normal Work Schedule:
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday-Friday, some evenings and weekends required
The Staff Accountant maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records. The staff accountant will gain understanding of specific business units, prepares analysis, and provides financial support to Schools and Departments throughout the University.
- Assists with required tax filings.
- Assists with preparation of annual financial statements.
- Assists with monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Interprets and follows procedures outlined in GASB and ACHE publications, Governmental GAAP Guide, JSU Policy and Procedures Manual, and Federal Guidelines Manuals.
- Serves as a technical resource and provides assistance to administrators, dean, directors and supervisors.
- Stays current and complies with GASB, ACHE, local, state and federal legislation affecting public sector law.
- Helps oversee and provides counsel and assistance regarding financial matters for the institution.
- Assists with monthly and annual financial statements, EBO, IPEDS, ACHE and other reporting as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists the Controller with the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the University including budget review and analysis.
- Reviews transactions, prepare journal vouchers and receipt necessary deposits.
- Assists with preparation of annual NCAA and Equity in Athletics reports
- Assists with FEMA projects accounting, documentation, and correspondence.
- Assists with other Federal reporting as needed.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's-degree in Accounting
- Accounting experience is a plus
- Cover Letter
Additional Information: None
Supplemental Questions: None
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Jacksonville