Advising Assistant 2 - (STA006573)
Assists in advising and preparing degree plans for undergraduate and/or graduate students; coordinating student registration; maintaining student records; coordinating class schedules, to include assignment of classrooms; and, assisting in conducting new student orientation.
- Assists in advising current and prospective students on degree requirements and administrative procedures.
- Prepares degree plans for students; reviews and revises academic degree requirement handouts and forms.
- Corresponds with applicants concerning application procedures, status, financial aid, and prerequisites by phone, letters and e-mail.
- Participates in student registrations and drop/add sessions
- May assist faculty members with outgoing changes in academic procedures during the term, such as grade changes, student petitions, leave of absences, and general student complaints and problems.
- Compiles information in personal computer on applicants for admissions and assistantships to monitor status and identify deserving students.
- Creates and maintains hardcopy files of students and applicants.
- May participate in new student orientation and represent department at university events, such as Cougar Preview.
- Prepares revisions of the class schedule and may prepare faculty assignment roster.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 1 year experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Preferred qualifications: Bachelors degree.
Education may be considered in lieu of experience.
Please note: 3 professional references related to experience will be asked of all final candidates.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston