Event Operations Coordinator
University of Idaho
Event Operations Coordinator
Division/College: Auxiliary Services
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.00 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Working under the general direction of Campus Events Manager and Campus Events Assistant Manager; this position manages and maintains the equipment inventory and rental system for events needing limited support such as tables, chairs, canopies, etc. This position will develop an inventory management system, equipment maintenance, repair, and replacement program for equipment as well as managing the storage of such equipment. They will coordinate with the other unit managers to accommodate their equipment needs. The Event Operations Coordinator will be responsible for supervising and directing others in setting-up, supporting, and taking-down public events, athletic events, theatrical productions or civic activities sponsored by the University of Idaho and the public at large. They will be responsible for hiring, training and supervising staff members and will be responsible for ensuring adequate staffing for each event.
Work experience that includes:
• Working in a cooperative team environment;
• Following established safety practices and procedures in a work setting;
• Following established financial procedures;
• Using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
Possess a valid driver’s license and ability to meet the university’s driving requirements.
Demonstrated Ability to:
• work simultaneously on several projects with specific deadlines;
• recognize and analyze potential problems;
• resolve conflicts and problems;
• bring process improvement to the workplace.
• hiring, scheduling, coordinating, supervising and evaluating others;
• planning and conducting public events;
• working with event related equipment (i.e.: canopies, tables, chairs, sound and lighting);
• operating and maintaining multi-channel audio systems, lighting systems and/or video equipment;
• performing up and down rigging;
• operating a forklift, scissor lift and/or aerial lift;
• working with computer programs such as R25, CAD and/or FAMIS;
Working knowledge of inventory control computer applications.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Willingness and ability to work extended hours with a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays to meet production deadlines which may include working outdoors and in inclement weather;
• Ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move up to approx. 75 lb., climb ladders, bend, stoop, work in high places, move in and around confined spaces; work in dusty and enclosed areas such as basements, attics and plenums; work outdoors in any weather conditions.
Posting Number: SP002617P
Posting Date: 10/20/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Preference will be given to applications received on or before November 3, 2020.
Please answer all supplemental questions thoroughly, your answers will be used to determine eligibility for an interview, and to demonstrate communications skills.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.