HR Coordinator - Wellness
HR Coordinator - Wellness & Employee Communications
Job ID 221290
Location Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Implements wellness initiatives provided by the University System and creates initiatives to meet the needs of employees. Engages with the University Employee Wellness Committee to promote overall wellness, work/life balance and resources available for employees. Provide the day-to-day implementation of employee communication initiatives for Human Resources. Interact with stakeholders and develop employee communication plans to advance the mission of Human Resources. Enhance the strategic partner reputation of the department through communications and programmatic activities that promote departmental resources and expertise, an exceptional employee experience, overall employee wellness and successful partnership activities.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of
- Draft, develop and distribute print and electronic materials,
including brochures, video/photographs, newsletter, web page and
other social media
- Coordinate with University Communication and Marketing on the
creation and maintenance of content and engagement for University
social media accounts to disseminate information that illuminates
the University¿s employee achievements and points of
- Create, review and edit correspondence, reports, and brochures
for mass distribution
- Draft articles and reports on departmental initiatives and
activities for distribution to constituents
- Ensure employee communication is branded for the department and
provides a clear and consistent message to constituents
- Create assessment methodologies, review and analyze metrics,
surveys, and data to assess program effectiveness and opportunities
for improvement or new work/life and wellness programs
- Identify and prioritize the critical, significant, and
important issues on which Georgia Southern must focus to improve
our workplace health and wellness
- Act as primary resource and liaison in the planning and
implementation of innovative and creative approaches to building
work/life programs and initiatives. Develop health promotion
programs, to include health fairs and health screenings
- In collaboration with internal partners, design web-based and
instructor-led learning programs which address subjects relevant to
workplace wellness and the prioritized issues. Deliver learning
programs and facilitate workplace wellness events
- Research, identify, and maintain an awareness of current best
practices and reputable benchmarks for workplace wellness, health
promotion, and behavioral risk management. Find innovative ways of
incorporating best practices discovered through external
- Determine employee communication priorities based on
objectives, audiences and mission
- Collaborate to create and implement an employee communication
plan for the Department
- Organize, coordinate and oversee assigned Department
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Two years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Certified Health Education Specialist or other applicable
certification in wellness, public health or employee
- An ability to create, implement, and evaluate effectiveness of
digital marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of wellness principles and application in the
- Knowledge of best practices for event promotion
- Three or more years of related work experience in
communications or training/programming
- Experience in creating broad communications strategy and
content with a brand platform
- Experience in strategic communications, planning, execution,
- Expertise in project management and the ability to meet
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office,
Google, and/or applications as required for specific
- Ability to create content for websites and learn university
website content management systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet
Institutional goals and support University's mission for student
- Knowledgeable about Associated Press (AP) Style and
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for
Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and
Apply Before Date
November 4, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal
authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or
without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- Travel required
Standard and Education
3900350101 - Office of Human Resources
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit: https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psc/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=221290&PostingSeq=1&PortalActualURL=https%3a%2f%2fcareers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu%2fpsc%2fcareers%2fCAREERS%2fHRMS%2fc%2fHRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL%3fPage%3dHRS_APP_JBPST_FL%26Action%3dU%26FOCUS%3dApplicant%26SiteId%3d39000%26JobOpeningId%3d221290%26PostingSeq%3d1&PortalRegistryName=CAREERS&PortalServletURI=https%3a%2f%2fcareers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu%2fpsp%2fcareers%2f&PortalURI=https%3a%2f%2fcareers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu%2fpsc%2fcareers%2f&PortalHostNode=APPLICANT&NoCrumbs=yes&PortalKeyStruct=yes