Front Desk Lead Support, Chinatown Community Learning Center
Front Desk Lead Support, Chinatown Community Learning Center
Department Name: Health Sciences & Human Servcs
Job Number: FP2020-694
Status: Position Open Until Filled.
Priority Screening Date: 11/02/2020
This is two (2) part-time, 20-hour per week positions (1st shift: M-F, 9am - 1pm; 2nd Shift: M-F. 1pm - 5pm) . Both positions are dependent upon grant funds, which expire on December 31, 2020. In the interim, there will be multiple concerted efforts to seek additional funding.
The Front Desk Lead Support is responsible for providing quality service to clients, students, and visitors to CHE and quality support to the CHE staff. Duties include interacting with clients, students, and visitors at the front desk, triaging questions and concerns to the appropriate staff, answering a high volume of phone calls, assisting with clerical and administrative tasks, and helping with the maintenance of the offices electronic and paper files. Working in collaboration with the Office Assistant and Coordinator, the Front Desk Lead Support aids with the day-to-day scheduling and operation of CHE. The three positions work closely together to ensure that CHE runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
Front Desk Reception and Support:
- Open and close the office
- maintain safety and security by monitoring all general access areas
- Ensure workstations and phones are logged-in and functional
- Greet and screen in-person visitors to the front desk of the Undergraduate Advising Center;
- Answer and screen a high volume of phone calls from students, families and campus partners
- Schedule appointments, assist clients with drop-in sign in
- Redirect in person and calls to other campus departments as appropriate
- Respond to client complaints; intervene in crises, respond to emergencies, and initiate action as required, including contact with emergency response systems; use conflict resolution and de-escalation communication strategies with clients displaying disruptive behavior
- Maintain orderly appearance of the front entrance, reception area, and adjoining rooms; sweep and mop as needed; empty trash; clean restrooms as needed and keep restrooms supplied
- Set up classroom space for groups and life skills classes
- Facilitate Intake process
Provide General Administrative Office Support
- Help manage related student assistant work. Assist with training student assistants and new hires regarding front desk procedures.
- Serve as a resource to clients, students, campus and community partners.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned
- Must be able to come to work when scheduled
Ability to stand, walk, sit, and climb stairs. Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fundamental writing and presentation skills to effectively communicate standard information.
- Working knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, word processing, and related computer software packages.
- Ability to identify and solve standard problems and refer more complex problems to appropriate staff.
- Ability to respond to routine inquiries and explain standard policies and procedures to others.
- Experience to be proficient in performing most or all work assignments.
- Ability to perform standard arithmetic functions of a transaction nature, including tracking and comparing data.
- Work often involves front line contacts with a variety of clients, students, campus and community individuals requiring active problem solving and effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas, and instructions.
- Ability to adapt to unexpected events, delays, or changes or in the work environment; manage demands and prioritize tasks
- High School Diploma/General Education Degree AND
- Two years of experience in an office or customer service environment.
- Bi-lingual capabilities are helpful but not required.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to CSUMB’s vision statement
This position requires flexibility in hours that may include working evenings and weekends.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with:
- This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
- This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority, will be required to participate in annual training, and to immediately forward to the Clery Compliance Officer all reports of Clery Act crimes brought to their attention.
Compensation and Benefits:
The University Corporation is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students, and the customers we serve. The hourly rate for this position is: $18.00. This is a non-exempt position and as such is eligible for the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards.
University Corporation at Monterey Bay positions are “at-will” employment.
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://csumb.peopleadmin.com/postings/5926
For full consideration, submit the required documents. For assistance or if you require an accommodation, please call (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura and Antle Family Memorial Library (map).
CSU Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to: Age, Disability, Race or Ethnicity, Gender, Gender Identity or Expression, Nationality, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Genetic Information, Veteran or Military Status.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.