Advisor, Dual Enrollment
Advisor, Dual Enrollment
Posting Number: 0000997
PS Position#: 00001116
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $46,033 - $50,636 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C42. Initial salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Department: Dual Enrollment
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Serve as the point of contact between the Lee College campus and all service area and constituent high schools. In coordination with campus departments and public school officials, create a college culture in the service area by promoting the dual enrollment program and assisting high school students and their parents with college testing, admissions, scheduling, registration, and payments. This position will primarily serve as the Academic Advisor responsible for the Liberty Center but may be assigned other dual credit locations, as needed.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Liberty Center and service area advisor and
provide academic services to prospective and current
- Cooperatively work with college advisors, counselors, and staff
to remain current in program changes and applicable financial aid
- Meet with counselors, parents, and students of constituent high
schools to facilitate the admission, testing, and registration of
students in dual enrollment.
- Coordinate and assist in the admission, testing, and
- Serve as contact to the administration and staff in public,
private, and home-schooled settings.
- Serve as an advisor to parents of dual enrollment students
attending public, private, and home schools.
- Establish Parent/Student Orientation Sessions on the college
campus, as well on high school campuses.
- Discuss FERPA guidelines with students and their
- Discuss tuition and fees with the students and
- Submit request to Admissions/Records for dual enrollment
students' transcripts to be sent to their high school following
- Handle phone calls and emails from counselors, parents, and
students regarding the dual enrollment program.
- Make presentations at Parent Nights, professional meetings,
college fairs, and college nights regarding the dual enrollment
- Collaborate with the Director to create handouts and brochures
for the programs on campus and for the ISDs.
- Make onsite visits to service area high schools to facilitate
communication and provide support.
- Coordinate with the Lee College business office in regards to
dual enrollment high school and student billing.
- Participate in dual enrollment faculty development.
- Address complaints and disciplinary issues, including academic and behavioral, with appropriate contacts as needed in a timely manner.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited:
- Assist in the process for reviewing the Memorandum of
Understanding (MOU) with school districts served, so that the MOU
reflects the dynamic nature of the dual enrollment
- Generate reports for the dual enrollment program in
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Psychology, Sociology,
Education, or a closely related field
- Two (2) years of experience working with students in secondary
and/or post-secondary education
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skill, both oral and written
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators,
counselors, advisors, and other staff members in both a college and
high school setting
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as
- Must be able to travel to the Lee College Education Center in South Liberty County and service area high schools
- Bilingual - ability to read, write, and speak both English and
- Previous experience working at a community college
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location: Locations within Lee College service area
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts are required upon hire.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6706
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.