Senior Research Coordinator
The Division of Thoracic Surgery is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Research Coordinator. The clinical research trials will focus on thoracic malignancies including lung cancer, malignant pleural mesothelioma, esophageal cancer, and lung-limited metastatic colorectal cancer, to identify and develop novel therapeutic approaches for these malignancies. This position coordinates day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.
- Interviews, screens and recruits patients; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- Performs Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- Collects, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol. Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Prepares abstracts and manuscripts to contribute scientific and clinical results.
- Coordinates travel requests and reimbursements for research
- Handles regulatory responsibilities including reports to the FDA and other regulatory bodies.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- Corresponds with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: Five years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Experience Preferred: Clinical Research Associate (CRA), Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) or Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC)
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Surgery Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston