Director of Continuing and Professional Education - Center for Continuing and Professional
Suffolk University is a private, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Our college green is the Boston Common and we are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, City Hall and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus—Boston and Suffolk blend together.
Suffolk has been committed to creating an exceptional learning experience since 1906. Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic institution that fosters engaged learning, rigorous scholarship, innovative thinking, and community collaboration across disciplines. We will ensure that Suffolk graduates are versatile and prepared for modern society and the new world market. We will provide rich curricula, experiential learning opportunities and professional mentoring through increased collaboration with alumni and community partners. We will recruit, mentor, and support a diverse faculty of teacher-scholars who are passionately committed to preparing our students to be leaders in the global community. We will inspire investment in a Suffolk community that is built on ethical, forward-thinking leadership, teamwork, and cooperation.
We compete for the best talent. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community. We are actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LGBTQ status. As part of our commitment we encourage you to complete the demographic portion of the application in addition to submitting your cover letter and resume/CV as it will assist us in targeting our recruitment efforts.Please note that Suffolk University conducts background checks as a condition of employment.
We are also committed to the well-being of our employees. Our terrific benefits package for benefits-eligible positions include, but are not limited to:
- Generous paid time-off programs and commitment to work-life balance
- Tuition free course benefits in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School for employees with additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Top-notch well-being care available through Harvard Pilgrim Medical/Delta Dental and a Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Employee Assistance Program that provides employees and their family members with initial assessment, referrals and short-term counseling for personal and work challenges
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- Supervises the team responsible for the operational success of the CCPE. As part of initial strategic conversations, identifies the nature and scope of the roles of the team. Crafts appropriate job descriptions and leads efforts to fill the positions in a timely manner.
- Provides guidance and leadership to staff, including training, staff evaluation (includes merit consideration), professional development, and related personnel matters.
- Proposes short- and long-range operating plans, including budgets, programs and services, personnel, technology/other equipment, and space.
- Manages the curricular offerings and enrollment efforts of the CCPE
- Coordinates with deans and department heads across all colleges at Suffolk to ensure the CCPE curriculum is meeting university goals and leveraging the strengths of Suffolk faculty
- Expands enrollment in continuing and professional education offerings by directing strategic outreach to companies, organizations, and populations.
- Continue the existing corporate education partnerships where beneficial, and increase corporate partners where possible. In addition, explore and move forward with offerings for individual enrollees who are looking to upskill or gain mastery in new areas.
- Defines, implements and revises a strategic plan for the newly expanded CCPE
- Develops and implements a project management system and protocol for the Center, to ensure that day-to-day and long-term projects are documented, resourced, and assessed. Structures the architecture of the project management system to indicate how all of the Center’s efforts support the strategic plan.
- Aligns the Center’s strategy with the Suffolk 2025 Strategic Plan
- Master’s degree and 5-8 years of experience in education, personnel development, or a related field
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities, with demonstrated success in leading a team of professionals
- Experience in developing business strategy and making data-driven decisions
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) packages and project management software
- Proven knowledge of performance evaluation metrics in a business setting
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Suffolk University, a prominent private institution situated in the heart of downtown Boston, seeks a creative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial and transformational leader for the position of Director of Continuing and Professional Education. The Suffolk 2025 strategic plan calls for an expansion of the existing Center for Executive Education to incorporate a broader portfolio of topics, credentialing mechanisms, and learners. Over the course of the 2020/2021 academic year, the Director will be tasked with developing a strategy to bring this plan to life and hiring a team to support that plan. It is an exciting time to join the Suffolk community and to shape the mission of the expanding Center for Continuing and Professional Education.
This individual will lead strategic and operational efforts for the Center for Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE). Formerly the Center for Executive Education the CCPE is expanding its scope to include a broader profile of offerings and enrollees. In conjunction with the Associate Provost, the Director will be responsible for setting the strategic priorities for the Center, and will use that strategy to inform their first round of job descriptions and new hires. They will be charged with building the reputation of the Center in the Boston area, ensuring the Center’s profitability, and establishing a strong curricular foundation from which to expand the Center’s offerings in the future.
Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Distance Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston