Plumbing Technical Instructor
Washburn Institute of Technology seeks applications for Plumbing Technical Instructor to begin November 1, 2020. This is an 11-month position with benefits. The primary location for instruction will be the Lawrence Gardner High School located within the Kansas Juvenile Correctional Center and the secondary location for instruction will be at the Washburn Tech campuses.
- Two years of experience or 4000 hours as a plumber; this may include military experience or paid experience in a relevant business/industry.
- Industry-recognized certification or licenses relevant to the plumbing field.
- Associate degree or willingness to complete the associate degree within five years of start date.
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Plumbing program. Certified Plus – Certified.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Will train using NCCER curriculum.
- Develop a curriculum according to course competencies on each course syllabus.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings.
- Develop assignments for the classroom and the lab.
- Enforce policies for safety and use of personal protective equipment for all individuals in the lab environment.
- Maintain student records for the program (i.e. Certification testing and the assessment plan).
- Evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, administer tests, and assign grades.
- Share (as appropriate) student information with proper staff and departments.
- Use the university’s learning management system to track grades as required.
- Participate actively in departmental/program advisory board meetings.
- Foster a positive relationship with industry representatives and the community.
- Act in a manner that promotes collegial relationships and shows respect for students, staff, and colleagues.
- Maintain and/or advances training in industry-recognized certifications.
- Stay abreast of innovations and developments in the professional field.
- Adhere to university policies.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Application review begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. To apply submit a letter of interest, resume, copies of transcripts, copies of current credentials, and the names and contact information of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please use “Tech Instructor – LGHS Plumbing” in the subject line. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required once hired.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburns efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the Universitys commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.