AI Communications and Outreach Coordinator
We are encouraging applications for a Communications and Outreach Coordinator to support a newly established National Artificial Intelligence (AI) Institute. As the head of the Community Hub, you will be responsible for all communications efforts, both internal and external. Internal communications support the leadership team to establish and maintain a hard-working team culture across the geographically distributed and highly interdisciplinary Institute. External communications efforts will highlight our excellent research to a variety of audiences including funders, journalists, the general public, decision-makers, collaborators, and more. Coordinating community-building activities, such as supporting annual meeting and workshop planning, and coordinating research exchanges across various partner sites will be an integral part of your role. This position requires excellent attention to detail, critical thinking, project management, creativity, and communications skills.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Funded by the National Science Foundation, The Institute for Student-AI Teaming brings together a geographically distributed team of researchers from nine Universities with partners from academia, K-12 school districts, and industry to address the central challenge of how to promote deep conceptual learning via rich socio-collaborative learning experiences for all students.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Communications and Marketing
- Work closely with the PI, the Institute’s leadership team, and the AI Program Manager to develop and implement communication and outreach plans that improve the Institutes’ scientific excellence and team cohesiveness and coordination.
- Develop communication campaigns that include content creation and design for print, email, digital, web, and social platforms.
- Ensure that community governance opportunities, processes, and decisions are clearly communicated to campus and external partners.
- Contribute to writing reports required and/or requested by the National Science Foundation.
- Ensure that all content is professional, compelling, accurate, audience-appropriate and conforms to university branding and style guidelines.
- Maintain, update, improve, and expand the website.
Community Event Planning and Coordination
- Work with external and internal professional learning providers to coordinate professional development workshops for community members.
- Organize and publicize Distinguished Speaker Events and other Institute-sponsored talks.
- Supply annual meeting planning and implementation.
- Work with leadership at partner sites to plan and coordinate research exchanges.
What You Should Know
This position will report directly to the Project Manager.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated salary range for this position is $55,000.00-$70,000.00, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Excited. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2 years of experience crafting content for marketing and communications campaigns.
What You Will Need
- Outstanding interpersonal, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Proficiency in working in collaborative workspaces, namely Google Drive and related applications.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Master's degree in communications, marketing, advertising, journalism, English, or closely related fields.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Experience using email distribution platforms.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with customer relations management systems.
- Experience using CSS, HTML, and/or a content management system, preferably Drupal.
- Familiarity with project management tools, such as Asana.
- Experience creating for diverse outlets (web, print, social media) and audiences.
- Experience crafting content for diverse audiences (students, faculty, staff, broader community members).
- Experience working with team collaborations in a marketing/communications environment.
- Experience planning and organizing community outreach events.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- PDF Sample of Work: Sample of a successful campaign or strong communications outreach.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by Sunday, October 25th for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu