Supervisor Accounts Payable
Supervisor Accounts Payable
3452 Spur 399,, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experienced Supervisor Accounts Payable .
Disburse college funds in a timely and accurate manner while complying with college and state disbursement guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and approve all District invoices and process all payments. Ensure all invoices are approved by the authorized personnel, coded accurately, paid to the proper payee with the correct amount and with the right documentation as required and then distributed as directed.
- Review all AP System reports for accuracy and timely processing of invoices.
- Supervise, interview, train and evaluate Accounts Payable staff ensuring accuracy and timeliness of staff functions and workloads.
- Oversee implementation of all accounting policies and procedures relating to accounts payable and general ledger data input maintaining compliance with local, state and federal regulations with respect to independent contractors, employee travel, and timely payment processing to vendors and their impact on the District.
- Maintain the integrity of all accounts payable systems including Banner, Concur and SciQuest. Work closely with the District's programmers designing and implementing new reports and assisting with updates or improvements to the AP systems.
- Ensure all vendor statements are reviewed and any discrepancies resolved in a timely manner. Contact vendors or departments as needed.
- Prepare assigned year-end audit work papers and provide assistance to the auditors as needed. Develop and implement audit procedures within Accounts payable to maintain internal controls.
- Respond to district personnel concerning questions relating to invoice and purchase order status, travel documentation, procedures, budget, corrections to G/L, AP training, check processing and distribution, purchasing, account status and vendor problems or any other related questions.
- Prepare year-end tax requirements identifying, recording and reporting 1099 taxes to independent contractors and Federal and State government in compliance with tax laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and four (4) years of accounts payable or related experience required. Two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred.
At least 60 college semester hours OR two (2) additional years of directly-related experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting and procurement procedures
- Knowledge of invoice and purchase order procedures
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable policies and procedures
- Knowledge of General Ledger duties
- Knowledge of audit procedures
- Knowledge of year end tax reportage requirements
- Microsoft Office and various accounting software skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to resolve issues
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate with other departments
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $48,668.00 - 55,968.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.