Web and Digital Marketing Coordinator
William Paterson invites applications for the full-time 12-month position of Web and Digital Marketing Coordinator in the Department of Marketing and Public Relations.
Reporting to the Vice President for Marketing and Public Relations, the Web and Digital Marketing Coordinator supports University strategic goals and branding by coordinating, planning and implementing website design and maintenance functions that continuously improve appearance, usability, functionality, engagement and overall effectiveness of the University website. The Coordinator will also collaborate on development of digital content including videos to be deployed on the web and through social media.
The Marketing and Public Relations Department provides the University with a full range of marketing and public relations services and support designed and implemented to reach multiple target audiences, including prospective undergraduate and graduate students and their influencers, the campus community, alumni, the general public, prospective donors, and state and local decision-makers.
The department composed of writers, editors, media professionals, and graphic and web designers which project a positive and consistent image of William Paterson University through all print and electronic communications. Department responsibilities are comprised of:
- Web marketing
- Social media
- Print and electronic publications
- Marketing and promotional materials
For more information, please visit https://www.wpunj.edu/mpr/
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a member of the Marketing and Public Relations team to continuously update and strengthen the design of the University website, its component parts and its architecture, with an emphasis on pages that support undergraduate and graduate student recruitment and student retention
- Collaborate with the Director of Web and Social Media Marketing, to plan and implement website design initiatives, create new pages that are consistent with University strategies and web best practices, and maintain and upgrade existing pages
- Supports search engine optimization (SEO) goals and best practices
- Consult and collaborate proactively and independently with faculty, academic and administrative leaders, and web content editors in departments across campus
- Collaborate on development of digital content including videos to be deployed on the web, through social media and in support of virtual events
- Design and distribute targeted emails, texts and other digital communications.
- Represent the Department on committees as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned and appropriate to the position
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in graphic design, digital media, communications, or computer science.
- Four (4) or more years' experience coordinating day-to-day website design, web editing, and maintenance responsibilities for a college or university, or for a large institution, corporation or non-profit organization or business.
- Proficiency in graphic design, layout, and image optimization for digital media. Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- One (1) or more years' experience with dotCMS or other enterprise-level web content management system such as Drupal or Joomla.
- Knowledge of video creation, editing and optimization for web and social media.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Familiarity with professional video editing using Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere.
- Knowledge of website and social media analytics with a working knowledge of Google Analytics.
Personal attributes and traits:
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and commitment to consistently delivering quality service in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and ability to take personal responsibility and action toward learning and implementing new ideas, rapidly evolving technologies and digital design standards and technologies.
- Capable of working independently while effectively addressing competing needs and wants in a multi-layered, complex, and fast paced environment.
- Able to identify key components of a problem, possible solutions, and an action plan to achieve the desired result.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Complete an application
Submit a cover letter & CVProvide names/contacts of three professional references.
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. General questions related to this application process, please contact email@example.comAbout William Paterson:
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 10,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 380-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.