Social Media Marketing Coordinator
William Paterson invites applications for the full-time 12-month position of Social Media Marketing Coordinator in the Department of Marketing and Public Relations.
Reporting to the Vice President for Marketing and Public Relations, the Social Media Marketing Coordinator will support the University's Strategic Plan and branding initiatives by working to strengthen the institution's image, expand visibility, and engage target audiences including prospective students and their influencers, alumni, current students, faculty and staff, the media, state and federal decision makers, and others. The Coordinator will write, create, and coordinate communications for the University's social media and other digital platforms as a member of the Marketing and Public Relations Department.
The Marketing and Public Relations Department provides the University with a full range of marketing and public relations services and support designed and implemented to reach multiple target audiences, including prospective undergraduate and graduate students and their influencers, the campus community, alumni, the general public, prospective donors, and state and local decision-makers.
The department is composed of writers, editors, media professionals, and graphic and web designers which project a positive and consistent image of William Paterson University through all print and electronic communications. Department responsibilities are comprised of:
- Web marketing
- Social media
- Print and electronic publications
- Marketing and promotional materials
For more information, please visit https://www.wpunj.edu/mpr/
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, write, and coordinate strategic content for University social media and other digital platforms; generate compelling content that engages target audiences and stimulates interest in University programs, initiatives, and experts/thought leaders; collaborate with faculty, staff, and students
- Serve as the day-to-day University “voice” and community manager in social media, maintaining a strong and consistent University image through both proactive and responsive communications; integrate institutional brand strategy
- Filter and disseminate comments or questions from social media sites to appropriate campus contacts; in emergency situations, play a key strategic communications role by monitoring social media discussions, disseminating information, and responding to comments and questions
- Measure and evaluate social media effectiveness through analytics which will serve as a basis for plan formulation
- Counsel and train social media communicators throughout the campus community; coordinate University-wide adoption of best practices in social media
- Coordinate and expand the integration of video and photography in social media and on the website
- Represent the Department on University committees and events both on and off campus.
- Performs other duties as assigned and as appropriate to the position
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- Four (4) or more years' experience writing, creating, and coordinating content for social media platforms, and measuring results through advanced analytics
- Experience in a marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of social media as a communication and marketing platform and an understating of social media monitoring and analytics
- Experience in video production and editing
- Familiarity with web content management systems, web design principles, and challenges for the mobile web
- Working knowledge of web technology
Personal attributes and traits:
- Demonstrated ability to write in a clear, concise, direct, and well-organized fashion.
- Capable of effectively addressing competing needs and wants in a multi-layered, complex, and fast paced environment
- Able to see, integrate, and effectively tie different components of a project together to create a unified whole
- Willingness to readily modify, respond to and integrate change with minimal resistance
Please click https://wpunj.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=845">click to apply for the position
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
- Complete an application
- Submit a cover letter & CV
- Provide names/contacts of three professional
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. General questions related to this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout William Paterson:
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 10,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 380-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.