Help Desk Specialist
Help Desk Specialist
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is currently seeking a professional level Help Desk Specialist to join the UF Computing Help Desk, a unit within UFIT. The UF Computing Help Desk serves as a central point of contact for IT services at the University of Florida. This unit provides support directly to end users for UFIT services as well as IT services from other campus departments.
Employment with UFIT provides an excellent opportunity to work with other employees dedicated and focused on understanding and interpreting the technological needs of the University of Florida’s innovative and inspirational community.
Using strong communications and training skills coupled with specialized technical experience, the Help Desk Specialist is vital in providing support for university infrastructure systems, administrative support and academic systems and other computing issues at the UF Computing Help Desk.
Some key responsibilities and characteristics of this position are:
- Assist with providing excellent customer service through technical support and guidance using both in-person, and virtual communication tools
- Consult, troubleshoot, analyze, and recommend appropriate solutions on issues routed to the Service Desk
- Create documentation for best-practice deployment solutions and techniques for clients and other Service Desk employees as discovered through the tickets handled
- Work closely with service providers as a subject matter expert to ensure the Service Desk has the necessary tools and knowledge to properly support technology services offered by the University
- Participate and represent the Service Desk on campus technical committees. Serves as back up for technical service meetings to help coordinate infrastructure or service changes. Responsible for communicating the Service Desk perspective and needs. Informs and prepares Service Desk staff for technical changes
- Attend regular meetings and trainings for UFIT Service Desk staff to stay aware of technical and workflow changes, discuss new or deprecated services, and further professional and personal development
- Assist with additional instructional technology support needs within Academic Technology as needed
About UF Information Technology
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communications Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission. For more information about UFIT and its goals and governance, visit: http://www.it.ufl.edu/vp-cio-office/strategic-plan/ .
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
Diversity and inclusivity make our institution and our community better. We value the fresh ideas and unique perspectives a diverse group of people provides. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people from many backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching and learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution.
$50,000 - $55,000; commensurate based on education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package.
Associate's degree and four years of appropriate experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and 6 years of relevant experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate of required experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience, and skills:
- Two (2) to five (5) years of IT work experience, including managing team(s) or projects
- Broad training experience (technical and non-technical) to a variety of audiences
- University administrative systems
- Web page content development
- Troubleshooting basic hardware and software, operating systems and utilities, and Internet client/server software
- Working with student and full-time staff members to provide support
To be successful in this position, the incumbent must have:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (required)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills (required)
- Demonstrated organizational skills (required)
- Previous help desk or call center experience
- Experience with Macintosh, Linux/Unix, Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Active Directory, Identity
- Management, cloud-based storage solutions (e.g., Dropbox), and mobile devices
- Broad-based computing background and experience providing user support
- Experience supporting/administering Microsoft Active Directory services and Exchange mail systems
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
· Cover Letter
· Resume and/or CV
· Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge