Digital Philanthropy Coordinator - Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement - 16667
The Department of Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement at the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater seeks a Digital Philanthropy Manager (ASSOC DEVELOP SPEC).
Reappointment for subsequent terms is dependent upon needs of the position, university funding and external forces.
The Digital Philanthropy Coordinator will provide messaging to external constituencies, primarily using email marketing and social media in the Office of Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement. The candidate will oversee the university’s alumni social media accounts and website, will seek to develop strategic messaging to the alumni and other constituents of the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, and develop philanthropic solicitations using social media and other platforms. This position is .5 FTE (20 hours/week) and reports to the Director of Alumni Relations.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communications or equivalent area of study
- 1-3 years web, social media or e-marketing experience in a professional setting
- Basic knowledge of web content management systems, Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office
- Understanding of web and social media analytics
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HTML and CSS coding
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Solid organizational skills and capable of multi-tasking
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in working in a non-profit or educational setting is preferred
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and communications principles
- Demonstrated ability to write and use images to clearly and persuasively communicate with alumni and donors
- Curiosity and ability to learn new skills and keep up with industry trends
- Willingness and ability to be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills
- Ability to interact respectfully with people from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Produce regular digital communications and e-newsletters to UW-Whitewater alumni.
- Develop strategic communication content for the University Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement office to support a Culture of Philanthropy among the Foundation’s various stakeholders.
- Develop campaign messaging to inform, solicit and receive support for various University projects using digital platforms.
- Maintain and enhance the Foundation and Alumni Association’s web pages, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts.
Founded in 1868, UW–Whitewater is one of eleven comprehensive universities in a public higher education system that also includes two doctoral institutions and a statewide Extension. In the fall of 2018, as a result of the University of Wisconsin System’s restructuring of the state’s 13 two-year campuses formerly known as UW Colleges, UW–Rock County began operating as a branch campus of UW–Whitewater under the new name of University of Wisconsin–Whitewater at Rock County. Together, these campuses form a preeminent academic institution driven by the pursuit of knowledge, powered by a spirit of innovation, and focused on transforming lives. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Main Campus and Rock County Campus are located conveniently near Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago, and thus offers the advantage of beautiful small-town environments with easy access to the cultural and commercial opportunities of major metropolitan areas.
The Warhawk family — led by caring faculty and staff — is devoted to student success within a broad range of academic programs. UW-Whitewater has a special mission within the UW System to serve students with disabilities and, as such, embraces the principles of universal design and is one of the most accessible campuses in the state. The campuses have more than 200 student organizations and UW-Whitewater is a Division III NCAA university. UW-Whitewater is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, building a diverse faculty and staff with expertise and interest in serving students with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and other distinct characteristics in respectful, sensitive and understanding ways. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is part of the 13-campus University of Wisconsin System ( https://www.wisconsin.edu ).
Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(b) provides that applicants may indicate in writing that their identity should be kept confidential. In response to a public records request, the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(a).
Per Regent Policy Document 20-19, University of Wisconsin System Criminal Background Check Policy and UW System Administrative Policy 1275 Recruitment Policies, UW-Whitewater requires criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment. All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater requires that all employees be active participants in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
For UW-Whitewater Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, see http://www.uww.edu/asfr . If you would like a paper copy of the report please contact the UW-Whitewater Police at 262-472-4660.
To learn more about UW-Whitewater's competitive benefits packages go to our: ALEX webpage, which is our interactive benefits decision support tool.
UW-Whitewater embraces AAC&U’s LEAP principles ( http://www.uww.edu/leap ) and emphasizes student, staff and faculty participation in High-Impact Practices ( https://www.aacu.org/resources/high-impact-practices ). The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs ( http://www.uww.edu/orsp ) provides support for faculty scholarly and creative activities as well as other opportunities to apply for reassigned time and/or other resources to support research activities. UW-Whitewater faculty and staff also have access to technology transfer and research resources provided by WiSys ( https://www.wisys.org ).
CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT:
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
The University of Wisconsin–Whitewater has authority to implement temporary workforce reduction and cost saving measures to address financial challenges resulting from the COVID-19 crisis, consistent with Wisconsin law and Board of Regents, UW System, and UW–Whitewater policy and procedure.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Application review will begin October 26, 2020 and this position will remain open until filled. The most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment or if you are unable to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at (262) 472-1072 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
Only complete application packages will be considered. This includes online submission of the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Name and contact information for three professional references
- Two Writing Samples or Design Examples
Who Are You?
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here and type in the Job ID: UW-Whitewater External Applicants
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here and type in the Job ID: UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.
Apply Online FAQs
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Whitewater
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Whitewater
- Digital Media Not specified Full Time jobs in Whitewater
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Whitewater
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Whitewater