Postdoctoral Research Associate
The Wave Transport in Compex Systems ( WTICS ) lab, in the Physics Department at Wesleyan University, has an opening for a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the general area of theoretical photonics and mesoscopic wave transport. The Postdoctoral Research Associate will support an ongoing effort on non-Hermitian wave transport.
• Supervise graduate and undergraduate students
• Manuscript preparation and editing and conference presentations.
• Assisting in grant preparation and grant applications
This is a grant funded position. Funding has been approved for 2 years with the potential to extend another year dependent upon mutual agreement and continued grant funding. Anticipated start date is January, 2021.
PhD in Theoretical Physics,Photonics, or related field.
Experience in mesoscopic transport with emphasis on scattering approach (Landauer-Buttiker formalism; chaotic scattering, Random Matrix Theory), Floquet systems, and quantum pumps and motors.
Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment and interact openly with individuals of different backgrounds.
Previous experience on statistical mechanics theory of spins networks (spin-glasses) and/or wave turbulence.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University.
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Alison Williams, Vice President for Equity & Inclusion/ Title IX Officer, 860-685-3927, email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Physics & Space Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown