Information Services Librarian (9-month, part-time position)
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: Phillips Library has a small staff with a big heart. We are looking for part time librarians that love working with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students. The part-time Information Services Librarian efficiently meets the information needs of the Aurora University community. The ideal candidate will be pleasant and positive in a variety of situations and work well independently on projects as assigned. The part-time Information Services Librarian is a 9-month position with benefit eligibility to participate in Aurora University's 403b plan.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited school. Recent graduates and current library students encouraged to apply.
- Academic library experience or coursework preferred.
- Proficient with database searching techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Troubleshoot computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers and fax.
- Knowledge of LibGuides, and LibChat preferred.
- This part-time librarian will fill one weeknight and weekend rotation for a total of 4 - 13 hours per week.
- Must be able to move about the Library and move books/items on carts.
- Must be able to shift books from cart to shelf.
- Must have visual ability sufficient to read/interpret call numbers and other information on books and documents.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.