Office Coordinator - (STA006567)
Coordinates office activities for a unit, typically processing payroll and personnel documents and maintaining related records. Purchases office supplies, and coordinates mail, shipping and receiving, and telecommunications logistics. May administer operating accounts and federal and state grants and do monthly reconciliations. May coordinate the work of clerical support assistants and/or student workers.
- Coordinating the activities of clerical staff in performing
general office duties.
- Processing payroll and personnel transactions, and auditing and
maintaining accurate records on same; preparing or assisting in
preparing Position Action Requests (PARs).
- Monitoring personnel budget and expenditure activities on unit
accounts; advising supervisor of status of accounts; distributing
and processing timesheets.
- Coordinating travel arrangements for faculty and/or staff and
processing travel reimbursement forms.
- Assisting faculty and/or staff with personnel-related issues,
such as health insurance, direct deposit, holidays, training
programs, and so forth.
- Ordering office supplies and materials, and maintaining an
adequate stock at all times.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 3 years experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
- This position assists the Director with office management,
submits work orders, and manages CSM office space.
- Supervises and trains student employees responsible for
publication distribution and front desk support.
- Ensures the front desk is maintained, staffed, and ready to
serve the public. Works with the Director to ensure that all CSM
and AO's office supplies are ordered, secured, and department
inventory is managed.
- Ensures all CSM P-Card expenditure requests are completed and
sent to the Business Office.
- Assists the CSM Assistant Director with distribution and
collection of invoices and scheduling for Media Services.
- On behalf of CSM, the Cougar, Coog Radio, and CoogTV submits
all monthly vendor payments and payroll to the business
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston