Research Administrator 2 - (STA006565)
Performs the more complex pre-award and post-award administration of federal, state, private profit and private non-profit grants and contracts awarded to the University of Houston. Serves as team leader for research administration team for assigned college units.
- Reviews and submits proposals to external funding sources;
initiates the creation of cost centers according to awarded project
terms and conditions and modifies cost centers according to revised
- Provides guidance and expertise to faculty, department
administrators and university executives on a wide variety of
grants and contracts issues.
- Responsible for customer problem review and resolution for
research administration team.
- Develops and implements internal operating procedures for
assigned team; coordinates the work activities of assigned team and
provides work direction as needed.
- Maintains web based proposal submission and research
administration using electronic research administration
- Negotiates the terms and conditions of grants and sub-recipient
awards with potential sponsors and awardees and reviews contracts
in conjunction with the Research Contracts Officer.
- Researches sponsor's financial and administrative regulations
applicable to funded projects.
- Evaluates expenditure reallocation documents according to
federal, state and university guidelines for allowability,
appropriateness and timeliness.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional posting information:
The HEALTH Research Institute (HRI) leverages an interdisciplinary group of researchers at the University of Houston to advance science capable of meeting the health needs of the Houston community and beyond. Our primary mission is to conduct cutting-edge research that informs novel prevention, early detection, diagnosis, and intervention strategies that mitigate a broad range of health challenges. Our partnerships with a diverse array of stakeholders inform a growing public health challenge through multi-site cooperative trials, public health initiatives, and empowering dissemination and implementation activities that are embedded in the cultural fabric of the communities we serve.
The Research Administrator will work with HRI leadership, staff, and affiliated faculty to manage various projects housed in HRI.
A demonstrated history of managing large research projects.
This position will have the option of working remotely or in the office until further notice.
The following documents are required
• A cover letter stating your: (a) interest in the position; (b) experience managing large research projects; (c) understanding of funding regulations; and (d) pertinent background / work-related experience.
• Curriculum vitae or Resume.
• A document listing the names and contact information of three professional contacts who could provide letters of recommendation.
Applications that do not include these documents will not be reviewed.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Public Administration & Policy Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston