Veterinarian, Clinical - (STA006479)
Provides dedicated veterinary services to laboratory animals. Reviews animal use requests and ensures university compliance with animal care and use requirements.
- Serves as clinician in Animal Care Operations, providing
veterinary services to research animals.
- Responsible for the education and training of research and
animal care personnel and establishes best practices.
- Assists with the review of animal use requests associated with
the Animal Care and Use Committee and ensures university compliance
with its protocols.
- Participates in the regular inspection of animal facilities and
follows up on investigator recommendations.
- Monitors and maintains health surveillance programs to ensure
the overall health and safety of both animals and Animal Care
- Assists the Executive Director and/or Director of Animal Care
operations with ensuring correct clinical procedures and
appropriate management of health concerns.
- Assists with research activities and serves on institutional
compliance committees as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties required.
Doctoral and 1 year experience.
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of a general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Certification/Licensing: Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to the job, as specified on the job posting details.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston