Administrative Assistant (College of Medicine) - (STA006570)
Provides administrative staff support to a university executive. Organizes and coordinates activities of the unit.
- Drafts correspondence, memoranda, speeches, position papers, program/grant proposals and other written documentation.
- Assists in organizing activities of the unit, such as retreats, staff development, committee appointments, internship programs, awards ceremonies, etc.
- Serves on committees and task forces as a representative of the unit.
- Responds to information requests from internal and external agencies and offices and conducts research to assist in policy and program development.
- May collect information, and write and edit newsletter or news bulletins for the unit.
- Participates in special projects and prepares a variety of statistical reports as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional posting information:
- The ability to take initiative, problem-solve, exercise
excellent judgment and critical thinking skills, and multi-task and
adapt to changing circumstances and shifting priorities in a
- Highest level of professionalism and respect for
confidentiality and ability to interact with all levels of internal
and external constituents.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience in academia, working with faculty or research
related field preferred.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston