Administrative Assistant, Auxiliary Services
Rhode Island School of Design is actively seeking an Administrative Assistant to join its dynamic Auxiliary Services department. Auxiliary Services oversees the self-operated RISD's Dining + Catering, RISD Stores, and Mail Services.
The Administrative Assistant of Auxiliary Services performs a variety of administrative support functions to help ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Office of the Executive Director of Auxiliary Services. This position serves as the central point of contact and liaison for internal and external inquiries, providing exceptional customer service and hospitality to the diverse student and professional population. It efficiently handles day-to-day responsibilities related to managing the Executive Director’s and other management team calendars by coordinating meetings, greeting visitors, and demonstrating proactive and resourceful in problem-solving. The Administrative Assistant assembles and distills information from a wide variety of sources and prepare correspondences, reports, presentations, agendas, and minutes. This position oversees the philanthropic endeavors of Auxiliary Services, including the maintenance of Community Cupboard, RISD’s food pantry. It also coordinates Dining Services social media across all platforms, working closely with dining staff to stay up-to-date on menu plans and special events and to create and maintain visual assets related to dining services.
As an employer, RISD offers a supportive, collegial, and inclusive work environment and a competitive benefits package.
- Proactively manage the Executive Directors’ and other management team calendars by scheduling meetings, inviting appropriate attendees, and anticipating, preparing, and securing the necessary materials and equipment (i.e., agendas, presentations, letters, minutes, documentation, etc.) to help ensure these meetings are smooth, efficient, and effective. Make travel arrangements as needed.
- Provide back-up administrative support to other Auxiliary and Dining Services administrators and managers as needed. Research, prepare, prioritize, and maintain inclusive files for review prior to events/meetings.
- Greet students, faculty, vendors, and visitors in person, by phone, email, or through social media posts and messages, answer a wide variety of both routine and non-routine inquiries. Respond to telephone, email, and personal inquiries to the Executive Director’s office in a timely manner and with a high degree of professionalism; understand, interpret and apply institution-wide policies and procedures in response to inquiries and follow-up or escalate as appropriate.
- Prepare correspondence, letters, memos, department meeting minutes, presentations, and agendas. Maintain confidential records for the Executive Director’s office, including filing, tracking, and archiving materials as needed. Complete budget-related tasks through RISD’s college-wide policies and enterprise system and follow up on system-related issues. Coordinate logistics, gather, and prepare materials for departmental presentations and training.
- Coordinate Dining Services’ social media accounts and initiatives by efficiently producing creative content for events and dissemination of campus-wide news and updates; developing and applying social media standards, policies, and procedures for Dining Services; maintaining an up-to-date and relevant presence on all platforms responding to inquiries, comments, and general engagement; and designing creative content including poster designs, location signage, promotional materials, and infographics.
- Facilitate and coordinate the smooth and effective execution of philanthropic endeavors of Auxiliary Services, including the daily operations of Community Cupboard Food Pantry related to promotion, donation collections, and general upkeep of the location.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of previous administrative experience, and at least one year of experience coordinating and developing social media campaigns.
- Ability to interpret and prioritize requests for information and follow up, and to redirect or escalate as needed.
- Previous experience managing and maintaining electronic calendars and filtering requests for Executive Director’s and other management-level positions.
- Requires aplomb and the ability to act in the best interest of the Executive Director and the College.
- High level of functionality in the use of Microsoft Office and Google Suite; proficiency in Adobe graphic design software and tools, Apple systems, and a variety of social media platforms.
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high impact, deadline-oriented environment where a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, and initiative, attention to detail, accuracy and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Ability to proofread documents required. An aptitude for and interest in learning/utilizing new technologies.
- A positive attitude and the ability to relate well to diverse populations and to help foster a community environment.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in food service management and customer service with the ability to apply these skills in supporting the Auxiliary and Dining Services staff.
35 hours/week; 12 months/year
Documents Needed to Apply
Cover Letter (required)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
Dining - Operations
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence