ASSISTANT PROFESSOR(S) OF MANAGEMENT AND ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF MARKETING
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR(S) OF MANAGEMENT AND ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF MARKETING POSITIONS AT TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY
The Rawls College of Business at Texas Tech University is excited to announce tenure-track faculty positions in the Areas of Management and Marketing to begin in Fall 2021.
- The Area of Management invites applications for up to two tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of assistant professor. Candidates with a background in strategy, entrepreneurship, organizational behavior, human resource management, or a related field will be considered.
- The Area of Marketing and Supply Chain Management invites applications for one tenure-track faculty position at the rank of assistant professor. Expertise in marketing metrics, marketing research, marketing analytics, marketing models, marketing management, and related domains is desired. We invite applicants with research interests in any aspect of Marketing and with any sub disciplinary background.
Salary and benefits are highly competitive and include financial support for data acquisition and domestic and international conference travel. Additional funding is available for at least three years of summer research support, and candidates will benefit from a reduced teaching load for their first three years.
We seek candidates with a promising program of high quality and interesting research; a strong commitment to excellence in teaching; a desire to participate in doctoral education; and a commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. ABD candidates are encouraged to apply if all doctoral degree requirements will be completed by August 2021. Service duties will include program-building and commitment to extra-curricular activities, and service to the department, college, and university is expected. We encourage applications from candidates who have a strong record of scholarship supported by extramural funding and who have the proven capacity or clear potential to bring externally sponsored research to Texas Tech University.
Application Materials & Process
Interested applicants should apply online at http://www.texastech.edu/careers
- For the Management position(s), please use the position number 22036BR and submit a (1) letter of interest; (2) curriculum vitae; (3) list of three references; and (4) one-page statement outlining contributions to diversity and inclusion that are consistent with the Rawls College definition of diversity:
For additional information on the Management position(s), please contact Dr. Elizabeth Karam, chair of the Management faculty search committee (email@example.com).
- For the Marketing position, please use the position number 22037BR and submit (1) a letter of interest, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) three letters of recommendations, (4) diversity statement, and (5) a summary of teaching evaluations for the last three years.. For additional information on the Marketing position, please contact Dr. Mayukh Das, chair of the Marketing faculty search committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Review of applications for all positions will begin immediately, and submission of applications by November 13, 2020 is preferred.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Texas Tech is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University. The university welcomes applications from minoritized groups, women, protected veterans, persons with disabilities, and dual-career couples.
The Rawls College
The Rawls College of Business is AACSB accredited. It offers a BBA degree with majors in Accounting, Energy Commerce, Finance, Information Systems, Marketing, Management, and Supply Chain Management. It has three MBA programs: a Professional MBA, an Online MBA, and a STEM MBA. It also offers MS degrees in Accounting, Data Science, Finance, and Marketing Research & Analytics. In addition, the Rawls College offers a Ph.D. with concentrations in accounting, finance, information systems & quantitative science, management, and marketing. It has 70 tenured or tenure-track faculty members and 45 non-tenure-track faculty members. The college has approximately 4,800 undergraduate, 820 masters, and 55 doctoral students.
Texas Tech University
Established in 1923, Texas Tech University is a Tier 1 public research university located in Lubbock, Texas. The campus is known for its beautiful Spanish Renaissance architecture, and many new buildings qualify for LEED certification, demonstrating our campus’ commitment to sustainability. TTU’s record enrollment in 2020 exceeds 40,000. The Carnegie Foundation classifies TTU as having Very High Research Activity. The TTU Red Raiders are charter members of the Big 12 Conference and compete in Division I athletics.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Texas Tech is committed to a working environment where all faculty, staff, and students can thrive. Faculty are provided with multiple benefits to maintain a productive balance between their professional and personal lives, including one of the most supportive work-family modified teaching policies for significant life events of any public university in the United States. The President’s Gender Equity Council supports an active Women Faculty Writing Program to address the needs of women faculty as their write for publication. Texas Tech recently achieved designation as an Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) which provides $8-10 million in grant funding each year for research, teaching, outreach, and community engagement. We have been recognized by Military Times as a “Best for Vets” college, and we are the 1st Purple Heart University in Texas. Further, TTU recently received a 5/5 star rating by Campus Pride Index. From here, it’s possible!
Lubbock and West Texas
The Lubbock metropolitan area is home to more than 300,000 residents and is nicknamed the Hub City due to it being the economic, educational, cultural, and healthcare hub for West Texas. Situated in the High Plains of West Texas, Lubbock boasts a thriving arts scene, fantastic breweries and restaurants, and several award-winning wineries. In addition, construction is almost complete on the Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and Sciences, a state-of-the-art $154 million, 220,000 square feet project that will host Ballet Lubbock, the Lubbock Symphony Orchestra, and several Broadway series shows. Lubbock is also home to the College Baseball Hall of Fame. The cost of living is low compared with most metropolitan areas in the U.S., and Texas has no state income tax. Excellent public and private schools are available, and the climate is highly desirable – winters are short and relatively mild, and summers are sunny with low humidity. Lubbock International Airport is served by American, Southwest, and United airlines and currently offers daily direct flights to and from Austin, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, and Phoenix. #LiveLoveLubbock
COVID-19 Travel Restrictions
Texas Tech is committed to creating and maintaining a safe campus environment for faculty, staff, students, and guests during the coronavirus pandemic, and we have made significant investments toward these goals including free COVID-19 testing and sanitation stations throughout campus. We require face coverings in all campus buildings and have limited occupancy in all facilities. Therefore, all interviews will be conducted virtually. To learn more about TTU’s commitment to a safe campus, see: http://www.ttu.edu/commitment/
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Lubbock
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Lubbock
- Management Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Lubbock
- Marketing & Sales Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Lubbock