Cataloging/Metadata Librarian (Associate Professor)
The University of Northern Colorado has a vacancy for a Cataloging/Metadata Librarian (Associate Professor) at the University of Northern Colorado Libraries in Greeley, Colorado. The position is tenure track. The person hired to this position will provide access to materials in a variety of formats in both the public catalog and institutional repository. The incumbent will work closely with personnel from Technical Services, Archives and Special Collections, and other University Libraries departments.
Main responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate a commitment to access, equity, diversity, and inclusion through remediation of institutional biases inherent in cataloging and metadata work
- Support discovery and access to library resources by creating and maintaining catalog records through original or complex cataloging of materials in a variety of languages including audiovisual materials, music materials, and realia
- Create metadata for open access or other freely available resources deposited in campus institutional repository
- Serve as a resource for best practices in creating non-MARC metadata (e.g. for digital collections and/or materials deposited in the institutional repository)
- Resolve complex cataloging problems
Newly degreed librarians are encouraged to apply. To be considered for the Cataloging/Metadata Librarian position, please submit application materials at: https://careers.unco.edu/postings/3576
Priority will be given to applications received by November 16, 2020.