Dean of Online Adult and Graduate Education
The Dean of Online Adult and Graduate Education must understand the landscape of higher education to develop and market programs which align to the mission of the college. The successful candidate will collaborate with enrollment management, marketing, and academics to successfully identify, attract, enroll, retain, and graduate adult students.
The successful candidate will continue the growth trajectory of the College’s online programs by facilitating enrollment growth in current programs and identifying and delivering new and relevant academic programs. This person will also function in a visionary role and provide strategic leadership for the current online programs and future degree programs, certificate programs, and other initiatives.
The successful candidate will develop collaborative relationships with internal and external constituencies to build partnerships that further the mission of Newberry College and online initiatives to target enrollment growth. This person will be an excellent communicator who can coordinate with key departments such as Marketing, President’s Council, Institutional Advancement, Technology Departments, Student Affairs, and Admission & Enrollment to develop and implement marketing and advertising strategy for the online programs, including the recruiting function.
In coordination with department chairs, the Dean is responsible for recruiting, training, and supervising faculty to teach online courses. The Dean will also assist in curriculum and program assessment in conjunction with departmental deans for various programs.
The successful candidate will oversee the curriculum and delivery of online programming through the learning management system. Evidence of knowledge of best practices in online curriculum design, assessment and faculty evaluation is required.
- Collaborate with Admissions, VPAA, & other campus constituencies in a visionary role and provide strategic leadership of the Online programs including current and future degree programs, certificate programs and the development and management of online and other creative initiatives;
- Collaborate with key departments such as Institutional Advancement, Student Affairs, Enrollment Management, and Marketing to ensure successful marketing, advertising, recruitment, and retention strategies for the online programs;
- Identify and bring new programs to the online program that are consistent with mission and increase enrollment
- Coordinate with the Office of Campus Technology for development, implementation and maintenance of the LMS,
- Supervise faculty who teach in the online programs and conduct online course evaluations for those faculty,
- Collaborate with department chairs to recruit and train faculty/adjunct faculty and other personnel to teach in the online programs,
- Supervise the revision and development of the program curriculum in cooperation with the appropriate department personnel;
- Prepare and manage the program budget, including expected revenue, line item expenditures, and a budget report for the VPAA after each trimester
- Ensure the website landing pages are well-designed, easy to navigate, and increase conversion.
- Stay current on professional development with respect to best practices in online education
Qualifications: A Master’s degree or higher with experience working and teaching in higher education. Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as detail-oriented management of multiple projects. Extensive knowledge of current and emerging instructional technologies and design. The successful candidate will have previous experience in managing online programs.
Applications: Review of applications will begin December 1 and continue until position is filled. Applicants should send a letter of interest and Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, and contact information for three professional references. The successful candidate must submit to a background check and submit all official transcripts before beginning employment. Electronic application materials should be emailed to Associate Dean, Dr. Christina Wendland (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include “Dean of Online & Graduate Education” in the subject line.
Apply for Dean of Online Adult and Graduate Education
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newberry
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newberry
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newberry
- Deans Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newberry