Assistant Lecturer/Clinical Assistant Professor- on campus (Information Technology Program)
Assistant Lecturer/Clinical Assistant
Professor- on campus (Information Technology Program)
Deadline to Apply: 10/30/2020
Job Category: Faculty
Department: School of Analytics, Finance and Economics-SIUC
College: College of Business and Analytics-SIUC
Months of Appointment: 9
The Information Technology program at Southern Illinois University Carbondale seeks applications for full time and variable-time, term, non-tenure-track faculty appointments to deliver on campus undergraduate courses in the program beginning January 1, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver on campus undergraduate courses in a variety of information technology (IT) subject areas such as object-oriented programming languages; database design, programming, and management; discrete math and statistics; web development, and others.
- Carry an approved teaching load and maintain appropriate office hours.
- Manage classrooms, laboratories, tools, equipment, and other resources utilized.
- Keep students apprised of performance and grades as the semester progresses and enter final grades electronically within specified deadlines.
- Participate in program development, quality assurance, and assessment duties as required.
- Remain abreast of recent developments and practices in the industry.
- Attend School meetings and/or maintain direct contact with School Administration.
- Participate in program support activities such as senior project reviews, program reviews, and accreditation reviews.
- Establish positive working relationships with faculty, students, staff, and the profession.
- Comply with all University and College policies and procedures.
- Engage in other assignments as determined by the School Director.
Appointment at the rank of Assistant Lecturer requires a Master’s degree in a major appropriate to the IT discipline with at least 3 years of industry/professional and/or teaching experience.
Appointment at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor requires a terminal degree in a major appropriate to the IT discipline with at least 3 years of industry/professional and/or teaching experience.
Applicants who hold a bachelor's degree in Information
Technology and/or closely related field may be considered if they
have 7 years of relevant tested professional experience that
includes documented evidence of career advancement and/or
certifications. Individuals holding a bachelor's degree will be
hired at the rank of Assistant Instructor.
Preferred (Desirable) Qualifications:
Advanced degree in Information Technology or closely related field. Evidence of teaching and/or professional experience. Interest in and ability to teach in a variety of Information Technology subject areas including, but not limited to, object-oriented programming languages; database design, programming, and management; discrete math and statistics; and/or web development.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For fullest consideration, applications should be received by October 30, 2020.
Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Transcripts
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its
ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to
serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed
and encouraged and will receive consideration.