Institutional Data Analyst
Concordia University Chicago invites applications for the full-time, exempt positon of Institutional Data Analyst. The Institutional Data Analyst is responsible for the design, creation, and maintenance of institutional data to support quality programs, student success and institutional effectiveness initiatives. The position will manage data inquiries from the University constituents, design surveys, and provide support for strategic planning, assessment, accreditation, and program review. This position could work remotely 50% of the time after onboarding and will work in collaboration with the team members from the Office of Institutional Planning and Effectiveness and other university offices on assigned projects. The position is responsible for data security and data accuracy in reporting. This position is located in River Forest, IL and reports to the Assistant Provost for Institutional Planning & Effectiveness.
- Extracts and manipulates data sets from Banner, Blackboard, CRM Recruit and other data sources to drive effective strategic and programmatic decision-making, research, compliance, assessment, university accreditation and institutional improvement
- Writes queries, programs, scripts or macros to aid in data extraction and analysis; fully documents data queries and processes for report writing
- Manages all aspects of survey administration, including data collection, data analysis, report writing, and presentations
- Creates, edits, and maintains internal and external reports using SPSS, R, Excel, Python, or other data analytic tools
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative research; prepares technical reports and other publications for the university and accrediting bodies
- Performs statistical analysis; interprets statistical outputs for faculty and other administrators for programmatic and business decisions; generates charts and tables with SPSS, Excel, Tableau, or other statistical analysis software programs
- Collaborates to create and maintain effective, valid, and reliable performance indicator data dashboards and report cards to provide high quality data on academic quality and student success initiatives
- Analyzes, translates, and disseminates data in user-friendly manner, using data visualization on the web, visual documents (e.g., tables, charts, graphs, etc.) and disseminates results via appropriate electronic media, such as web sites, written reports, and in-person presentations
- Provides regular feedback on best practices in data-driven institutional planning and research and develops innovative systems to improve data collection, database content, streamline data analysis and reporting for greater efficiency
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as performing testing or quality control, managing databases, and organizing data files, etc.
- Proficient in the use of statistical analysis software such as SPSS and R. Python helpful
- Proficient in command line programming OR proficient in SQL/Access
- Demonstrates ability to clean, merge, maintain and analyze large data sets
- Excel skills and expertise in using Charts, Macros, Formulas and Pivot Tables; data visualization experience in Tableau also helpful
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and meet project deadlines
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and work in a team environment
- Maintains confidentiality; demonstrates knowledge and understanding of ethics in data collection and analysis
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in order to prepare statistical reports for internal and external stakeholders and ability to explain methods and analysis of data to audience with varying levels of expertise
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with Ellucian Banner ERP or Ellucian CRM Recruit helpful
- Familiarity with survey tools such as Qualtrics or Survey Monkey helpful
- Prior experience in institutional research office is a plus
Minimum Experience Required:
Candidate needs to demonstrate technical expertise working with a large database (e.g. Ellucian Banner ERP), and Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Master's Degree preferred in educational research, statistics, measurement, social/behavioral sciences or related field. Bachelor's degree required and/or four years of experience working in a computer, strategic planning and/or research support role.
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia health, disability and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees and their eligible dependents. Tuition benefits are also available for employees and their qualified dependents.
Interested individuals should include a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, College of Education, College of Graduate Studies, and College of Innovative and Professional Programs, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and in 2013 was named to the U.S. President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the fifth time. For the sixth consecutive year, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded more than 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more at CUChicago.edu.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.