Registrar, Bethune-Cookman University
Reporting to the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Registrar is a key manager in the Office of Academic Affairs. The Registrar is responsible for maintaining the University's student records in all formats as well as key elements of the University's student information system. The Registrar manages the registration, graduation, course and classroom scheduling, and transfer credit functions according to the University's academic policies and in cooperation with the Office of Academic Affairs. The Registrar is also responsible for preparing compliance reports, such as the National Student Clearinghouse and IPEDS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides innovative and forward-looking leadership and direction for the Office of the Registrar; hire, train, supervise, and evaluate all personnel.
- In coordination with the Office of Academic Affairs, sets up procedures to ensure the university's academic policies are complied with consistently, including classroom scheduling, degree audit, graduation, transfer credit entry, transcript processing, record-keeping, and related reporting
- Establishes, leads, and manages all operational activities related to student records and degree progression, including registration, academic progress, transcripts, degree conferral, enrollment-status changes, degree and enrollment verifications, and class schedules.
- Audits all course information utilizing the University’s Course Catalog to ensure accuracy of course listings including: course comments, fees and fee codes, drop/add dates, all restrictions, pre-requisites, saved seats, course descriptions and other course specifics.
- Collaborates with the Provost, other University leaders, and faculty committees on the development and implementation of academic programs, policies, and procedures.
- Provides extensive Registrar-related support across all University units while building effective collaborative relationships with units within and outside of Academic Affairs; Serving as a key member of the Provost’s Academic Officers team.
- Ensures timely and accurate dissemination of schedule and catalog information.
- Provides information regarding graduation clearance.
- Develops reports related to curricula, enrollment, and student performance and provide appropriate interpretations and predictions on these data.
- Provides ongoing training on course scheduling and contact time to academic department directors and support staff as needed.
- Oversees the development and preparation of the University catalog.
- Responsible for producing and publishing registration policies and procedures.
- Accepts transfer credits; oversees class scheduling; confers degrees and certificates.
- Directs the maintenance of a variety of documentation and records, and prepares reports for internal and external entities.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to official records.
- Provides files/records assistance to federal and other official agencies.
- Coordinates student records and registrar activities with activities of other programs, departments or staff to ensure program delivery according to appropriate policies, procedures and specifications.
- Resolves discrepancies or procedural problems and responds to program administration and/or program delivery questions ensuring necessary follow-up occurs; controls program records for operational and budget accountability; develops and administers the department budget.
- Confers with and advises staff and program participants to provide advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and interpretation of program goals and policy.
- Developed proficiency in providing guidance and supervision for the management, security, and preservation of academic records
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree
- Eight (8) years of related experience as Registrar, Assistant Registrar, or Associate Registrar, or in another administrative position within higher education providing knowledge of the responsibilities of the position or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated intellectual leadership in the broad areas overseen by the Registrar in higher education today, particularly those critical to maintenance of student academic records as well as student enrollment and retention
- Ability to understand and apply the University's standards for graduation, regulations and implications enforced by FERPA, NCAA, VA, and other federal government agencies.
- Superior oral, written, listening, interpersonal, presentational and mass communication skills required to develop and sustain skilled, productive working relationships with culturally diverse student, faculty , staff and constituents at the local , state , national and international levels;
- Ability to plan, direct, and evaluate a complex team, using human and financial resources to accomplish the institution’s long and short-term goals
- Ability to think strategically, prioritize efficiently, and act decisively
- commitment to continuous improvement in the use of current and emerging technology to address challenges of student-record activities and operations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of budget development and administration
- Knowledge of records management principles and practices
- Knowledge of supervisory and coaching principles and practices
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of effective leadership, management and supervision
- Program management principles and practices
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Program development, implementation and evaluation
- Skill in assessing objectives and operational requirements to develop and implement appropriate operational policies and procedures
- Proficient in the use of computers (PC) in a Windows-based operating environment
- Proficient in FERPA compliance
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Executive Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Other Executive Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach