Senior Research Assistant
Baylor College of Medicine's Division of Thoracic Surgery is seeking a full-time Senior Research Assistant to serve as a key member in a growing health services research program for one year. The SRA will be responsible for the primary statistical analysis for research projects which use large administrative databases and cancer registries. Because of these responsibilities, a master's degree in biostatistics, public health or clinical research is strongly preferred. There will be ample opportunities for publication and presentation at national meetings.
- Oversees the storage and use of data from large cancer registries and administrative databases
- Statistical analysis of large datasets
- Communication with regulatory agencies including the Baylor College of Medicine Institutional Review Board
- Summarizes research findings and publishes results in research journals
- Organizes weekly research meetings
- May present at national and/or international meetings
- May supervise research staff
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field.
- Experience Required: Four years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Education Preferred: Master's degree in biostatistics, public health or clinical research.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.