The Department of Surgery, Cardio/Thoracis section is seeking a
qualified Advanced Practice Provider.
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in
an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in
accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient
charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in
accordance with protocols established with the supervising
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members
of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying
appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in in Nursing.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a
Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing.
Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP),
and specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life
Support (BLS) Certification
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.