Lead, Construction Planning, Design and Development
Manage space needs and requests generated by any/all BCM missions, programs and departments. Project future space needs generated by program growth, enrollment increases, technology advancements, Strategic Planning Initiatives and recruitment. Create a framework for space allocation that supports both the BCM missions and information needs of Leadership. Responsibility for BCM Master Plan and programming, and design for all capital projects. Serves as a knowledge leader and manager of master planning, architectural capital projects, and major equipment acquisitions. Develop and maintain overall knowledge of any facility occupied by BCM regarding infrastructure, facility quality, infrastructure, lease terms and covenants.
- Serves as focal point for all space needs and requests.
- Establishs Goals and Objectives for each request Research and confirm space requirements, planning, technology, infrastructure needs for all space requests.
- Confirms compliance with/impact on BCM Master Plan and Strategic Plan.
- Drives user input to evaluate request and compliance with BCM standards and efficient space utilization.
- Generatess planning options, total project cost, schedule and sequencing information as necessary for approval.
- Attend regular meetings with Leadership, Program Directors, Provost, etc. that discuss current or future space needs.
- Assists in preparation of annual and long-term capital budgets.
- Provides decision ready information for stakeholder approval.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Seven years of relevant experience. Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
Reports to VP Facilities. Work with VP Facilities to understand and assist in maintaining updated current Master Plan. Oversee database management of all occupied BCM space, whether owned or leased. Work within BCM space standards and other planning strategies. Maintain knowledge of current trends and benchmarks for similar major medical school facilities and those of academic medical centers. Make periodic and regular space status reports to VP Facilities and CBO. Maintain working relationship with BCM Leadership, Program Directors, and Department Chairs to identify both current and future space needs.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.