Postdoctoral Associate CY
These positions are responsible for providing technical support for the Yuan Laboratory at Virginia Tech to ensure seamless operations and promote a thriving research environment. The individuals report directly to Dr. Lijuan Yuan. Duties will involve performing in vitro and animal procedures and training in BSL2 lab and gnotobiotic pig facility. Responsibilities also include data analysis, report and manuscript preparation, and compliance with all safety regulations. The individual is expected to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams from academia, government and industry.
• Successful completion of a PhD in Virology, Viral Immunology, Microbiology or a closely related field
• Experience working with RNA viruses and baculovirus and mammalian cell expression system.
• Proficient in cell culture and in vitro viral techniques (infections, CCIF, plaque assays, PRNTs)
• Possess molecular and protein biology skills, including experience with RT-qPCR, western blotting, DNA/RNA extractions, plasmid prep, luciferase/luminescence assays, and transfections.
• Experienced with flow cytometry
• Extensive experience working with infectious disease animal models, including performing inoculations, blood collection, clinical symptom monitoring, euthanasia, gross necropsies, and viral titers analysis of organs.
• Experience in antiviral testing in vitro (IC50 and EC50 determinations) and in vivo.
• In-depth knowledge of the regulations, policies, guidelines, and issues surrounding animal technical procedures
• Substantial experience independently organizing and conducting complex procedures and experiments with minimal supervision
• Should be enthusiastic and dedicated, have the ability and interest in learning new techniques; must be able to follow instructions; be observant, attentive to detail, organized, efficient, and work well with others
• Prior experience working on evaluation of rotavirus vaccines
• Experienced in ELISPOT and immunocytochemical staining assays
• Prior experience working with gnotobiotic pigs
November 2, 2020
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Dawn Bradbury at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: October 16, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg